H9000 automatization on DAW?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 automatization on DAW?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #114895
      techno
      Member

      Can you automate any variable on a DAW by drawing envelopes and so on? What kind of computer support does this have? Can you access the GUI on a computer so I don’t go blind tweaking things on the small display and break my hand pressing buttons and rotating the knob for hours? I would like to do all that on the computer.

      I’ve always wanted to own one of these since the Orville days because of it’s awesome sound. I heard beside the epic reverbs you get compression, eq, next level time stretching, pitch shifting, and basically anything you can come up with.

      The problem is, I grew up automating VSTs and pretty much everything on DAWs so im used to total control of any parameters I wanted in order to snap everything tight to the beat, and at least in the Orville days I think you couldn’t do this. Most people using these machines are guitar guys but im into electronic music and play no instruments, so it’s not like im going to run an instrument with an effect, record it and use that, I need a lot of control and parameters moving across the track.

      Can I do this in the computer? what kind of control do I get? I just wish this had full integration in the computer with an VST, then do everything there, kind of crafting patches in Reaktor but with the H9000, then you can tweak any parameter within the DAW.

    • #149919
      jfirlik
      Moderator
      Eventide Staff

      Our Emote control software, currently available for Mac as a standalone and plug-in (AU/VST/AAX), allows you to access most of the core functionality of the H9000 over a network from your computer.  You can create and edit FX Chains, tweak parameters, load/save sessions, etc.  The plugin version will save and recall the state of the H9000 with your DAW sessions.

      Support for doing automation natively in a DAW is currently in development for Emote and is slated for release in the Fall.  The H9000 has full MIDI support over USB, so for now the solution would be to assign parameters to CCs and send automation that way from a DAW.

      • #149931
        techno
        Member
        jfirlik wrote:

        Our Emote control software, currently available for Mac as a standalone and plug-in (AU/VST/AAX), allows you to access most of the core functionality of the H9000 over a network from your computer.  You can create and edit FX Chains, tweak parameters, load/save sessions, etc.  The plugin version will save and recall the state of the H9000 with your DAW sessions.

        Support for doing automation natively in a DAW is currently in development for Emote and is slated for release in the Fall.  The H9000 has full MIDI support over USB, so for now the solution would be to assign parameters to CCs and send automation that way from a DAW.

        That sounds great, however im using Windows. Will it be availible for Windows too I assume?

         

        It was always a dream for me to be able to use the power of these boxes in a way that is tightly integrated within the daw to create very complex automations, and not just record some audio, bounce it, then sort of improvise some effects on it and slice up the result. I need total control in real time like what VSTs can deliver. Modern computers are powerful enough that you don’t need to bounce audio that much anymore.

        If you can bring the Eventide H9 to work as an VST then I will definitely buy one. Like I said I haven’t so far because I just don’t see much use for it, most people using these machines are guitar players and so on, recording live.

        Show More...

        I will have to wait until I see it in action tho, before I make the investment. I want to see that it’s solid, that doesn’t crash, that everything is tightly integrated within the VST-DAW, that you can go nuts drawing automations and sequences all over the place and the thing will not derp out and so on.

        Looking forward to see some updates this fall. Hopefully some videos in a DAW showcasing the VST and tweaking things around.

        As far as building algorithms, will it be availible within the VST, or you still will need to use VSig? In Reaktor you can build everything within the DAW with the VST which is cool since you can test your modifications within the context of the track you are doing.

        Show Less...
    • #151108
      ssgrfk
      Participant

      Hello. 

      Just wondering if there is an update on DAW automation of H9000 Emote parameters?

      IT’s not possible at the moment (unless im wrong) and I would love to get it happening

      Thank you 🙂

      • #151109
        gkellum
        Participant
        ssgrfk wrote:

        Just wondering if there is an update on DAW automation of H9000 Emote parameters?

        IT's not possible at the moment (unless im wrong) and I would love to get it happening

        Parameter automation is supported in the coming v1.1 release of the H9000 and Emote.  We're hoping to make that release available in public beta in about a week.

      • #151226
        igglethorpe
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:
        ssgrfk wrote:

        Just wondering if there is an update on DAW automation of H9000 Emote parameters?

        IT's not possible at the moment (unless im wrong) and I would love to get it happening

        Parameter automation is supported in the coming v1.1 release of the H9000 and Emote.  We're hoping to make that release available in public beta in about a week.

        This is fantastic news! Looking forward to working with this feature.

        Show More...
        Show Less...
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.