H9000 burn in?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 burn in?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      joeydego
      Participant

Is screen burn in a concern?? Just wondering.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      joeydego wrote:
      Is screen burn in a concern?? Just wondering.

I asked a colleague about this and he said: "TFT and LCD displays don't have burn-in issues, but they can develop image persistence issues that go away after ~48 hours unpowered"

The backlight might also have a limited lifespan, but using the screen dim feature (which can be enabled in the Preferences page in SETUP mode) should extend it.

macgee
      Participant

Are you using the screen in H9k constantly?
      I use mine occasionally but mainly using emote now.
      So have mine setup to reasonable brightness and then it dims to zero after a couple minutes or so.

I had the same concern as you so asked your same question and now use as above to make the screen last longer

FrauHolle
      jbamberg wrote:

The backlight might also have a limited lifespan, but using the screen dim feature (which can be enabled in the Preferences page in SETUP mode) should extend it.

Yes, the range is from 0 to 10. However, the difference between 0 (off) and 1 (on) is faaar too great for fine adjustments. 1 should be much darker.

joeydego
      Participant
      macgee wrote:
      Are you using the screen in H9k constantly?
      I use mine occasionally but mainly using emote now.
      So have mine setup to reasonable brightness and then it dims to zero after a couple minutes or so.

I had the same concern as you so asked your same question and now use as above to make the screen last longer

The screen can be set to turn off?

macgee
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:
      The screen can be set to turn off?

well can be set to dim and using the brightness and dim vals have it going dark and i actually can’t see anything on the screen so i think it’s off?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.