H9000 Converter Information

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Converter Information

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      polybonk
      Participant

HI just wondering if I can get any info on the conversion side of my H9000?  

Input sensitivity and input impedence are not something I can find anywhere???

The input sensitivity in particular seems really high.  Much much higher than my Prism Orpheus which is ‘+4dBu’ (0dBFS=+18dBu)

Also I was wondering if we could get some numbes on the meters?  Clipping info would be particularly useful?

They are really nice converters! 

Lastly any chance of the algos like Elevate or Equivocate being ported to the platform?  Would make it great as a mastering tool.

Thank you.

gkellum
      Participant
      polybonk wrote:

Lastly any chance of the algos like Elevate or Equivocate being ported to the platform?  Would make it great as a mastering tool.

I asked one of my colleagues to respond to your questions about the H9000's input specs.  With regards to Elevate and EQuivocate, we did re-use some of the IP in these plugins to create a broadcast limiter for our broadcast customers.  We hadn't thought that this would interest our customers outside of broadcast though.  What use case did you have in mind for Elevate and EQuivocate?  

polybonk
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

I asked one of my colleagues to respond to your questions about the H9000’s input specs.  With regards to Elevate and EQuivocate, we did re-use some of the IP in these plugins to create a broadcast limiter for our broadcast customers.  We hadn’t thought that this would interest our customers outside of broadcast though.  What use case did you have in mind for Elevate and EQuivocate?  

Thank you.  Would really love to know the specs.

Re Elevate etc.

Well I would use them for mastering. 

Considering this unit is billed as having mastering grade converters which it does from my testing, I would see this as a platform that could mature into something that leaves the TC Master 6000 gathering dust.  

Plus having them available sculpt effects would be a bonus. They are some of the best plugins made.

brysava
        Participant
        polybonk wrote:

gkellum wrote:

I asked one of my colleagues to respond to your questions about the H9000’s input specs.  With regards to Elevate and EQuivocate, we did re-use some of the IP in these plugins to create a broadcast limiter for our broadcast customers.  We hadn’t thought that this would interest our customers outside of broadcast though.  What use case did you have in mind for Elevate and EQuivocate?  

Thank you.  Would really love to know the specs.

Re Elevate etc.

Well I would use them for mastering. 

Considering this unit is billed as having mastering grade converters which it does from my testing, I would see this as a platform that could mature into something that leaves the TC Master 6000 gathering dust.  

Plus having them available sculpt effects would be a bonus. They are some of the best plugins made.

I’d love to see the newer Eventide mastering plug-ins added to the H9000 as well! My impression is that they are more advanced than the older H8000 mastering presets currently in the H9000. 

tstern
      Eventide Staff

The H9000 input impedance is ~10kΩ bridging.

The DBFS lineup for line level (+4dB) is +26dBu ≈ 0dBFS.

The meters are set up to so that the red OVERLOAD LED will light if the signal ever hits 0dBFS.  The yellow LED lights up at -6 dBFS; green is at -60 dBFS.

polybonk
      Participant

Just have to say I am really digging the conversion on this thing.

Anybody know what the chips used for the A to D side are?  Sounds outstanding for electronic music or anything hard and loud. 

ndoe22
      Participant

I’d like to +1 for having elevate and the Eq bundle to be ported to the H9000. Especially since it is your flagship model and with studio grade converters.
      Would love to use them and it makes sense

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.