H9000 -> DB25 AES -> Apogee Symphony I/O MK2 8×8

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 -> DB25 AES -> Apogee Symphony I/O MK2 8×8

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      razorz
      Participant

Just got a Mogami Gold Series Digital DB25 AES cable for Apogee/Yamaha/Mackie, hooked it up to both AES ports (H9000 and Apogee) and I can see the digital output on the Apogee but nada comes in on the H9000. Is the pinout different? There are 3 missing pins on this cable but, per Mogami, that is correct.

I was using optical I/O to bring in 8 channels but figured the AES would be a more suitable/professional option.. if it would work.

Thoughts?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

The H9000 uses TASCAM standard for all of its pinouts – https://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/220/DB-25_Pinout.pdf

When connecting the H9000 to another device via the AES-EBU connector, you must use the correct AES-EBU DB-25 cable. If the other piece of equipment uses Yamaha Standard pinout, you must use an AES-EBU TASCAM to Yamaha crossover cable.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Have you selected “AES3 DB25” in the Clock Source section of the System Settings? We first need to choose the digital format we’ll be using, which in your case is AEs3 DB25

razorz
        Participant

Yes, it’s what tbskoglund said. I purchased an adapter and will report back if this worked.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.