H9000 – Emote Plugin – Session or FX Chain Recall feature

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 – Emote Plugin – Session or FX Chain Recall feature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ssgrfk
      Participant

hello

Forgive me if this is already possible but i couldnt find it so:

It would be excellent if, upon opening up a file in my DAW where i have an instance of the eMote plugin, that i could somehow have the eMote plugin automatically load in a specific SESSION or FXCHAIN or combination or whatever from the H9000

I am often working with different projects that each use different patches / FX chains / sessions on the H9000 and now i am saving those FX chains as files on my Mac’s local file system and then loading them manually.. which works fine.. but it could be made seamless by autoloading of a FXchain /session via the plugin

thx!

zazula
      Participant
      ssgrfk wrote:

hello

It would be excellent if, upon opening up a file in my DAW where i have an instance of the eMote plugin, that i could somehow have the eMote plugin automatically load in a specific SESSION or FXCHAIN or combination or whatever from the H9000

I am often working with different projects that each use different patches / FX chains / sessions on the H9000 and now i am saving those FX chains as files on my Mac’s local file system and then loading them manually.. which works fine.. but it could be made seamless by autoloading of a FXchain /session via the plugin

thx!

I was just going to post this very thing.  My expectation was that the Emote plugin would recall its settings – why else would I use it versus the standalone Emote app.

Am I missing some setting that makes this possible?

chriscarter
      Participant
      ssgrfk wrote:

hello

thx!

Yes, yes! another vote for this…

an absolutely essential feature imo. It would speed up my work immensely.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Emote as a plug-in will recall your DAW’s session data, so when you load a project in your DAW of choice the H9000 should automatically recall the corresponding session and settings for that project. If Emote isn’t recalling sessions properly then you could be experiencing a bug. What DAW are you using? 

When you open a DAW project, Emote should display a pop-up menu that says “Emote holds state date for (your H9000) Do you want to restore it? If you choose to discard the stored session data will be lost” If you select “Restore” then the corresponding H9000 session for your DAW project will load.  

Another advantage of using Emote as a plug-in versus the standalone app are the automation features. 

zazula
      Participant

The plugin seems to only display that alert when you open it.  So, if you open a Logic project and don’t open the plugin, it does not change the settings.

Worse yet, when you subsequently save the Logic Pro file, it writes out the existing state, overwriting whatever you had before.

I have a directory full of random Emote plug-in states as a result.  Good thing I saved out my session files to disk in parallel.

I submitted this info with a video showing the problem in action to Eventide support.

chriscarter
      Participant
      tbskoglund wrote:

Emote as a plug-in will recall your DAW’s session data, so when you load a project in your DAW of choice the H9000 should automatically recall the corresponding session and settings for that project. If Emote isn’t recalling sessions properly then you could be experiencing a bug. What DAW are you using? 

When you open a DAW project, Emote should display a pop-up menu that says “Emote holds state date for (your H9000) Do you want to restore it? If you choose to discard the stored session data will be lost” If you select “Restore” then the corresponding H9000 session for your DAW project will load.  

Another advantage of using Emote as a plug-in versus the standalone app are the automation features. 

Thanks for the info…

I’m using Logic Pro but the emote plugin wasn’t always doing that, so I reinstalled it (Emote 1.3.0[12]) and restated my Mac and now it’s working as you describe. yes

bsfreq
      Participant
      zazula wrote:

The plugin seems to only display that alert when you open it.  So, if you open a Logic project and don’t open the plugin, it does not change the settings.

Worse yet, when you subsequently save the Logic Pro file, it writes out the existing state, overwriting whatever you had before.

I have a directory full of random Emote plug-in states as a result.  Good thing I saved out my session files to disk in parallel.

I submitted this info with a video showing the problem in action to Eventide support.

So basically we’d need a setting option inside the H9000 to “Always init H9000 with DAW/Emote settings” that would disable the popup altogether and always load DAW settings without user confirmation.

It would be even better if Emote / H9000 would also have an option to automatically save a backup of the settings before loading them from DAW/Emote. In case there is a mismatch between DAW/Emote and H9000 settings that is.

zazula
      Participant
      bsfreq wrote:

zazula wrote:

So basically we’d need a setting option inside the H9000 to “Always init H9000 with DAW/Emote settings” that would disable the popup altogether and always load DAW settings without user confirmation.

It would be even better if Emote / H9000 would also have an option to automatically save a backup of the settings before loading them from DAW/Emote. In case there is a mismatch between DAW/Emote and H9000 settings that is.

That is not what I’m suggesting.  I think a good solution is to have the plugin display the “I have state saved do you want me to send it” panel.  Then the user can decide…

Although, other plugins that update hardware, e.g., Bricasti M7, Tegeler Creme RC, just go ahead and overwrite silently…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.