H9000 hardware Rev?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 hardware Rev?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dforman
      Participant

I see the latest H9000 firmware update is for hardware Rev g. I bought an earlier H9000 which I suspect doesn’t have the latest hardware Rev. What’s the difference in the hardware, and is it possible to upgrade the hardware to the latest Rev if the changes are significant?

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      dforman wrote:
      I see the latest H9000 firmware update is for hardware Rev g. I bought an earlier H9000 which I suspect doesn't have the latest hardware Rev. What's the difference in the hardware, and is it possible to upgrade the hardware to the latest Rev if the changes are significant?

Hi dforman,

You can check the hardware revision of your H9000 in the "info" page in SETUP mode.  Under SYSTEM INFO, it will say "Model: H9000 (Rev G)" or something similar.

All units that we shipped to customers were either Rev F or Rev G.  The differences between these do not affect the functionality in any way.  The comment on release 1.0.0[41], which says "Update for Rev G hardware", just means that the release added support for the new hardware rev, but it will work equally well on Rev F.

dforman
      Participant

Yes, mine is Rev F. May I ask what was changed in Rev g? Thanks.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        dforman wrote:
        Yes, mine is Rev F. May I ask what was changed in Rev g? Thanks.

They are very minor changes that don't affect any aspect of the H9000's functionality.  We had to adopt a newer rev of a programmable logic component that required a resistor value change, and we moved a connector to improve access when technicians are connecting the H9000 to our QC test fixture.

Revisions prior to F have more significant differences, but in all user-visible aspects, F and G are identical.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.