H9000: Known bugs with latest Beta Version (1.2)?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000: Known bugs with latest Beta Version (1.2)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      FrauHolle

Hi

I made notes from each parameter etc. from some H8000FW presets and tried to recreate it with the H9000. As some FX are in the inserts of the Cubase mixer the mixing ratio has to be adjusted too. But there are differences between H8000FW and H9000 (for example please try 6530 Dimension D!).

1. If the mix of H8000FW worked at 24% wet in the past, now the mix should not exceed 12% with the H9000; 24% is definitely TOO MUCH. (?)

2. Furthermore the volume of dry/wet mixture gets louder the more wet signal is added – but at approx. 50% and above the volume goes back… Of course it’s in the nature of things that the volume can’t be constantly but here the H9000 differs from other Hardware (H8000FW, Eclipse but also several Lexicons, Rolands etc.).

Emote:

3. The following issue concerns to the mixdown only (Setup => Tempo => DAW): The Tempo automation does follow now (with Verion 1.2) the DAW tempo while the mixdown. Unfortunately that does not work in practice anyway because the changes are accompanied by a very strong delay..

4. The connection to the hardware will still not be safed. Each time after starting a cubase project it’s necessary to create a new device.

Best wishes from cologne!

Holger

(Windows 7 / Cubase 7.5)

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      FrauHolle wrote:

1. If the mix of H8000FW worked at 24% wet in the past, now the mix should not exceed 12% with the H9000; 24% is definitely TOO MUCH. (?)

2. Furthermore the volume of dry/wet mixture gets louder the more wet signal is added – but at approx. 50% and above the volume goes back… Of course it's in the nature of things that the volume can't be constantly but here the H9000 differs from other Hardware (H8000FW, Eclipse but also several Lexicons, Rolands etc.).

Hi Holger,

We think that the wet/dry mix on the H9000 is implemented differently to the one on the H8000FW but we need to do a little research to make sure, so we're looking at the H8000FW code at the moment to see what it does.

No single wet/dry mix function can work equally well for all signals; there will always be trade-offs.  It is certainly true that the H9000 way can cause an increased gain at the center position compared to the ends.

We will keep you updated and will consider adding the H8000FW behavior in a software update.

Thanks for reporting these,

Joe

senordelaflor
      Participant

Hey guys,

I just updated from 1.1.5 to the latest 1.2 beta and the same preset I had loaded for the GloriousAngelics algorithm (5743)’s reverb now sounds detuned. Any one else experiencing this?

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hello

I just updated to H9000 Emote 1.2.1[5] and did some Midi CC Automation via Ableton live using a Max4Live device that sends Midi CC data.

in the past this process has not worked reliably and I’m looking for any solution to be able to draw in automation data in my DAW and have that work / play / happen on the H9000.

trying my process again with the updated Emote, i can say that the behavior looks improved and the H9000 Mapped Knob is following the Midi CC automation I’ve made via the DAW. But, (past versions were not tracking the curves, only hand recorded midi CC data) Emote crashes after a short while and the H9000 UX on it’s screen becomes unresponsive.

it would be AWESOME to get this Midi CC stuff improved. thanks guys 🙂

ssgrfk
      Participant

One other thing that has been mentioned before, getting the Emote Window to remember its size between Quit / Relauch would be nice too. its a minor convenience of course. but desired 🙂

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hi. i just solved my Midi CC Mapping issue by using the Plugin version of Emote with the FX: Function mappings instead of the Standalaone Emote app.. so… Victory 🙂 thanks!

ssgrfk
      Participant

just a little more detail on midi mapping – FX Function knobs via the Plugin version of Emote in a DAW.

if you have some automation happening, and during playback, try to map new Algorithm params to a FUNCTION X source via the plugin: The UX slows to a crawl for a while forcing you to wait, as the DAW is also frozen (ableton) but playback + midi / param controls continue to play back .. 

FrauHolle

Hi Joe,

don’t know if there’s already a progress in the reasearch, but if it’s not a bug I can live with that behaviour.

…quite in contrast to the remaining questions regarding Emote (3 + 4). I’m surprised that no one’s complained about this yet and that it still exists with the latest beta version. I would be satisfied if you can confirm these as bug which will be fixed with the next offical update. (?) 🙂

Thanks for help!

Holger

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      FrauHolle wrote:

don't know if there's already a progress in the reasearch, but if it's not a bug I can live with that behaviour.

…quite in contrast to the remaining questions regarding Emote (3 + 4). I'm surprised that no one's complained about this yet and that it still exists with the latest beta version. I would be satisfied if you can confirm these as bug which will be fixed with the next offical update. (?) 🙂

Hi Holger,

We did confirm that the gain curves for the wet/dry mix in the H9000 are not the same as those in the H8000.  I wouldn't say it's a bug, but perhaps we should have done the same thing as the H8000 did.  The problem with changing it now of course is it would affect the sound of people's H9000 presets.  We've discussed the idea of allowing the user to choose the H8000 curves but that obviously adds complexity.  Perhaps this is something for the 1.3 update, as 1.2 is very close to being finalized.

Regarding 3, latency in the H9000's response to DAW tempo automation from emote, we'll look into this.

Regarding 4, please could you clarify what this means?  Do you mean that you have to reconnect to the H9000 each time the emote plugin is instantiated, and you would like it to connect automatically?

Thanks,

Joe

FrauHolle
      jbamberg wrote:

Regarding 4, please could you clarify what this means?  Do you mean that you have to reconnect to the H9000 each time the emote plugin is instantiated, and you would like it to connect automatically?

Thanks,

Joe

No, that’s always after loading a cubase project, which contains already the emote plugin. As the device get lost then I have to create each time a new one after loading, as you can see on the attached screenshot.

Am I right? Actually the connection should be saved as well as the total content of H9000 (Sesson, Algos, Setup etc.)?

Best wishes,

Holger

FrauHolle

I’d like to remind of my questions (3 + 4) regarding Emote. Has someone an idea in the meantime, what could be the reason for that?

macgee
      Participant

was it a preset you created?

don’t know if it’s the same butI have a Vox Plate preset I created and when I initially double click to load it, it seems to load the algo default, I then need to double click the preset again to load it – seems to be since a recent update

I’ve not reported it or troubleshooted it more than that

senordelaflor wrote:

Hey guys,

I just updated from 1.1.5 to the latest 1.2 beta and the same preset I had loaded for the GloriousAngelics algorithm (5743)’s reverb now sounds detuned. Any one else experiencing this?

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      senordelaflor wrote:

Hey guys,

We've confirmed that this is an issue in the latest beta — it has to do with a change we made to the way algorithm tempo syncing works.  We hope to have a fix for it in the next version.

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      FrauHolle wrote:

I'd like to remind of my questions (3 + 4) regarding Emote. Has someone an idea in the meantime, what could be the reason for that?

Could you provide some more information regarding #3, how much latency are you seeing on the automation?  I expect there would be a small latency between the DAW tempo value and the H9000s, because these automations are sent at a control rate not tied to the real-time processing rate of the DAW.

Regarding #4 – it does appear that we don't save devices whose IP addresses were entered manually.  We should be able to fix this before our next release.  But I think we're also missing something in our documentation for our Windows users, because the easier way to connect to devices is by having Bonjour installed on your machine.

You can install the Bonjour services from Apple here:  https://support.apple.com/kb/dl999?locale=en_US

This should allow your device to show up in Emote automatically without needing to enter an IP address.  We'll make sure to clarify this in the documentation for the next release as well.

FrauHolle
      jfirlik wrote:

Could you provide some more information regarding #3, how much latency are you seeing on the automation?  I expect there would be a small latency between the DAW tempo value and the H9000s, because these automations are sent at a control rate not tied to the real-time processing rate of the DAW.

I’ve made two videos, but unfortunately MP4 is not allowed here… If you like I can send it via Email (would need then your address). But you can check this also very easily if you observe the TEMPO with and without Mixdown: The Tempo automation without Mixdown is gapless and smooth… (e.g. 100.1 => 100.2 => 100.3 => 100.4…..) As soon as you’ll make a mixdown, the Tempo will be sluggish and jumps at irregular intervals from 100.1 => 101.4 => 102.2 => 102.9….

(?)

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      FrauHolle wrote:

I've made two videos, but unfortunately MP4 is not allowed here… If you like I can send it via Email (would need then your address). But you can check this also very easily if you observe the TEMPO with and without Mixdown: The Tempo automation without Mixdown is gapless and smooth… (e.g. 100.1 => 100.2 => 100.3 => 100.4…..) As soon as you'll make a mixdown, the Tempo will be sluggish and jumps at irregular intervals from 100.1 => 101.4 => 102.2 => 102.9….

(?)

Feel free to email me the videos at: jfirlik@eventide.com

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.