H9000 Looping Controller Pedal

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Looping Controller Pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jeffali
      Participant

Anyone using the KMI Softstep and/or 12 Step for Live looping and control of the H9000?

luedmo
      Participant
      jeffali wrote:

Anyone using the KMI Softstep and/or 12 Step for Live looping and control of the H9000?

Hi Jeffali,

Yes,  I use KMI let’s try and work together to get it good

As h9000 is thankfully USB compliant it all works very well via the simple MAPPING control: we assign the CC, the action TYPE, hit APPLY and…  hey presto!

I am also trying to use KMI for Control (e.g. CCs and Pgrm changes) and am hopng to get into Looping / Ableton when I understand how the eventide implementation of MIDI clock start/stop works – do you?

The big problem right now is that h9000 BYPASS seems to work ‘inside out’ to any pedal I have ever known (see my post previous to yours).

What happens is that a H9000 BYPASS cuts the OUTPUT of an algo rather than the INPUT. So algos are always ON & listening to what you play. If BYPASS is ON, when you engage the algo by hitting the KMI footswitch you immediately hear messy unwanted tails of everything you have just played spilling all over…

I am using MUTE not BYPASS now, but I lose an algo 🙁

Best wishes and luck

:Lu

jeffali
      Participant

I don’t have an H9000, yet but for your situation, since you’re using Ableton Live, perhaps you can program the changes you want in Ableton. Use it to filter the messages if needed to achive the result you’re after. I have not looked closely at the midi implementation chart for the H9000 but I’m going to (cautiously) assume there is a CC message that can turn the input on/off and control input levels. I’m planning to setup a midi controller to control levels, so I can leave the outputs always on and just control the inputs, maybe for a similar reason like your are thinking. My reason, is I want to use the looping capabilities of the H9000 so my inputs would end up feeding multiple loopers that would be procssed in parallel and then output their own audio outs as well, to be mixed with an analog mixer before going to FOH or monitors etc.. The Softstep would be setup to control the loopers mostly, and maybe I can get a 12 step working as well for setting pitch shifting/harmonization parameters. 

I hope my comment is helpful in some way. As I learn more about the capabilites I will for sure come back and post. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.