H9000: Master volume control in Emote

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000: Master volume control in Emote

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

I use the H9000 Rack with a SwitchBlade GL and all is good. However, the Switchblade can only handle two MIDI expression pedals, which I use for master volume and preset morphing volume (smoothly switch from one amp to another continuously).  I use two more expression pedals directly plugged into the H9000, and I’d like to use one of them to control the master volume of one of the 4 FX chains. Currently, all I can do is map the Input and output gain levels, which combined, cover a range of -48db to +48db, but I would much prefer to leave those as is for conventional gain matching at 0dB, and have an independent output Master level volume control that could be mapped to -Inf / 0dB and act as a conventional volume control? Although -48dB is a lot of reduction, it still leaves a tiny bit of sound through. My use case would be to control the volume of a reverb in parallel in my signal chain, and have the ability to set its volume to as low as zero via expression pedal.

Puppeteer
      Participant

You should be able to do this with my Stereo summing mixer algorithm. I think I let you reduce volume by 96dB.

You can find it here https://godlike.com.au/index.php?id=420

If this doesn’t work for you, let me know. I could do a Master volume algorithm pretty quickly

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

For your use case, are you always using a reverb (or another “wet” effect) in parallel with your dry signal? If so, you can turn Kill Dry on, and the Algorithm’s mix control becomes a “wet” level; turning this to 0 will result in no reverb output. Currently, only the H9 algorithms offer kill dry, but we are looking into adding this as a general parameter for all algorithms.

J20056
      Participant

Yes, I always use FX chains 100% wet in a Wet-Dry-Wet rig. However to your point, I didn’t see a kill dry option in Emote, but if there is one available soon, and if the wet/dry becomes effectively a full 0-100 volume control for wet then it is a very elegant and workable solution. So yes, please LMK when that can become available for the H9000.

Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.