H9000 – mono sum dry signal path in summed algorithm?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 – mono sum dry signal path in summed algorithm?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zazula
      Participant

Hi –

I just received my H9000 today and I’m starting to dig in!

I’m trying to create a simple FX Chain that uses the “Vox + Double Slap” algorithm.

The algorithm works fine, but I’m not able to get the input signal to be mono when changing the mix parameter.  The algorithm is 2-in (summed) stereo out.

When it is 100% wet, it sounds fine.  If I make it 100% dry, I get a hard panned output (for example, to the Left if I come into input 1).

Desired behavior is that 100% dry is up the middle and as I blend from 0-100% mix, the stereo effect gets mixed in.

I’ll try to describe the routing, but I’m not sure I have the right terms.

ADAT 1 -> FX 1

ADAT 2 -> FX 2

At this point, things seem to be connected to the algorithm even though I have not created any connections to the box inside.

I tried routing FX 1 to both inputs 1 & 2 on the algorithm, this didn’t seem to help.

Summary:

– desire mono dry signal from algorithms that sum inputs to mono (e.g., “Vox + Double Slap”)

Note:

I get the panned dry signal regardless of turning the mix down or bypassing in either the FX Chain UI or the Algorithm UI.

See attached file.  Remove the “.txt” from the end as the uploader doesn’t allow H9k files…

floresp640
      Eventide Staff

Hi Ralph,

We are so happy to hear that you recieved your H9000! 

So the issue is Mono In-Stereo Out. We are working to make this easier but as a work around right now here is what you can do:

-Go to the Expert Router once you are in the algorithms page in the H9000.

-You'll notice that your input 1 is only connected to one input of your loaded algorithm instead of being connected to both inputs.

-From there, highlight the 2nd input of the loaded algorithm and press 'Add'. This will draw a connection from your Mono-in of the FX Chain to the Input 2 of your loaded algorithm. 

-This will now succesfully give you a Mono-in, Stereo-out signal flow

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please email me at Pflores@eventide.com and i would be happy to help! 

Thanks! 

amop
        Participant
        floresp640 wrote:

Hi Ralph,

So the issue is Mono In-Stereo Out. We are working to make this easier but as a work around right now here is what you can do:

-You’ll notice that your input 1 is only connected to one input of your loaded algorithm instead of being connected to both inputs.

-From there, highlight the 2nd input of the loaded algorithm and press ‘Add’. This will draw a connection from your Mono-in of the FX Chain to the Input 2 of your loaded algorithm. 

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please email me at Pflores@eventide.com and i would be happy to help! 

Thanks! 

Have you guys implemented a way to do this that is easier, within Emote?  I don’t see an option in any of the updates.  I use this with a lot of mono gear (eurorack) so would be ideal to simplify the process.  Thanks.

brysava
      Participant

Congratulations to zazula on getting his H9000 so soon–I’m jealous, but mine shouldn’t be far behind. And thanks Patrick for supporting the H9000!

While waitiing for mine, I have to be content with just reading the manual-ha! But in reading about the Tempo section in setup mode, I can’t find any reference to being able to use a footswitch to tap in tempo, which is obviously important for live use, as mine would be in a rack on the floor. Surely I’ve missed something, or maybe it was left out of the manual? Or maybe it is set up per preset?

floresp640
        Eventide Staff
        brysava wrote:

Congratulations to zazula on getting his H9000 so soon–I'm jealous, but mine shouldn't be far behind. And thanks Patrick for supporting the H9000!

While waitiing for mine, I have to be content with just reading the manual-ha! But in reading about the Tempo section in setup mode, I can't find any reference to being able to use a footswitch to tap in tempo, which is obviously important for live use, as mine would be in a rack on the floor. Surely I've missed something, or maybe it was left out of the manual? Or maybe it is set up per preset?

Hi,

Thank you for your question. So, you can send MIDI Clock in to the H9000 to change your tempo under SETUP>TEMPO>TEMPO MODE>MIDI CLOCK. We are working on a feature to be able to 'Tap Tempo' using an external auxiliary switch. 

I'm looking forward to you recieving your H9000! 

-Pat

brysava
        Participant
        floresp640 wrote:

brysava wrote:

Congratulations to zazula on getting his H9000 so soon–I’m jealous, but mine shouldn’t be far behind. And thanks Patrick for supporting the H9000!

While waitiing for mine, I have to be content with just reading the manual-ha! But in reading about the Tempo section in setup mode, I can’t find any reference to being able to use a footswitch to tap in tempo, which is obviously important for live use, as mine would be in a rack on the floor. Surely I’ve missed something, or maybe it was left out of the manual? Or maybe it is set up per preset?

Hi,

Thank you for your question. So, you can send MIDI Clock in to the H9000 to change your tempo under SETUP>TEMPO>TEMPO MODE>MIDI CLOCK. We are working on a feature to be able to ‘Tap Tempo’ using an external auxiliary switch. 

I’m looking forward to you recieving your H9000! 

-Pat

Thanks Patrick

Good to hear that feature is coming! I won’t be using a computer for the type of gigs that I’ll need a tap tempo footswitch, but for the meantime, I’ll try to find a suitable footswitch that translates my tapped tempo to midi clock out to the H9000. I wouldn’t mind having a Pitchfactor laying around anyway–would that work going midi into the H9000 to tide me over till the feature is implemented on the H9000?

floresp640
        Eventide Staff
        brysava wrote:

floresp640 wrote:

brysava wrote:

Congratulations to zazula on getting his H9000 so soon–I'm jealous, but mine shouldn't be far behind. And thanks Patrick for supporting the H9000!

While waitiing for mine, I have to be content with just reading the manual-ha! But in reading about the Tempo section in setup mode, I can't find any reference to being able to use a footswitch to tap in tempo, which is obviously important for live use, as mine would be in a rack on the floor. Surely I've missed something, or maybe it was left out of the manual? Or maybe it is set up per preset?

Thanks Patrick

Good to hear that feature is coming! I won't be using a computer for the type of gigs that I'll need a tap tempo footswitch, but for the meantime, I'll try to find a suitable footswitch that translates my tapped tempo to midi clock out to the H9000. I wouldn't mind having a Pitchfactor laying around anyway–would that work going midi into the H9000 to tide me over till the feature is implemented on the H9000?

Absolutely! You would just have to tgurn MIDI Clock 'On' on your PitchFactor and make sure that you are in 'Tempo Mode'. This would send MIDI Clock onto your H9000 and sync the tempo. 

Hope this helps!

-Pat

brysava
      Participant

Yes that helps a lot Patrick!

joeydego
      Participant

If I wanted to get my DAW sessions tempo to the H9000, is there a way to do this using only the connected Ethernet cable? I’m currently getting it to my fractal via USB, but I’m not connected USB currently to the H9000. 

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      amop wrote:

floresp640 wrote:

Hi Ralph,

-You'll notice that your input 1 is only connected to one input of your loaded algorithm instead of being connected to both inputs.

-From there, highlight the 2nd input of the loaded algorithm and press 'Add'. This will draw a connection from your Mono-in of the FX Chain to the Input 2 of your loaded algorithm. 

Thanks! 

Have you guys implemented a way to do this that is easier, within Emote?  I don't see an option in any of the updates.  I use this with a lot of mono gear (eurorack) so would be ideal to simplify the process.  Thanks.

Yes this is very simple to do in Emote. 

Start with your mono source from whichever physical input you are using at the top section of the page. You can mult a single input to multiple destinations in an FX Chain, so in this instance you will take your mono input source and mult it to 2 input sources of the FX Chain. From here, you can process your mono source through stereo algorithms and output it in stereo. 

Let me know if that makes sense, if you'd like I can upload a picture of the routing in Emote to help clarify this. 

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      joeydego wrote:

If I wanted to get my DAW sessions tempo to the H9000, is there a way to do this using only the connected Ethernet cable? I’m currently getting it to my fractal via USB, but I’m not connected USB currently to the H9000. 

Yes, you just need to set TEMPO MODE to DAW and your H9000 will be synced with your DAW. This will only work when you're using Emote as a plug-in in your DAW, it won't work in standalone mode. 

amop
      Participant
      tbskoglund wrote:

amop wrote:

floresp640 wrote:

Hi Ralph,

-You’ll notice that your input 1 is only connected to one input of your loaded algorithm instead of being connected to both inputs.

-From there, highlight the 2nd input of the loaded algorithm and press ‘Add’. This will draw a connection from your Mono-in of the FX Chain to the Input 2 of your loaded algorithm. 

Thanks! 

Have you guys implemented a way to do this that is easier, within Emote?  I don’t see an option in any of the updates.  I use this with a lot of mono gear (eurorack) so would be ideal to simplify the process.  Thanks.

Yes this is very simple to do in Emote. 

Start with your mono source from whichever physical input you are using at the top section of the page. You can mult a single input to multiple destinations in an FX Chain, so in this instance you will take your mono input source and mult it to 2 input sources of the FX Chain. From here, you can process your mono source through stereo algorithms and output it in stereo. 

Let me know if that makes sense, if you’d like I can upload a picture of the routing in Emote to help clarify this. 

[/quote

great thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.