H9000 Not Connecting to Server for Updates

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Not Connecting to Server for Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed Driscoll
      Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to install the latest update, but I’m currently getting the message, “The list of releases could not be retrieved from Eventide’s server (weber.eventide.com). Error message < an error occured parsing the update information from the Eventide server. Update information:” >

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks!

Ed

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

Hey Ed,

How is your network connected?  Please double check that your H9000 has a valid IP address under Setup > Network, and if you're using wi-fi, it's worth it to try re-connecting to see if there might be an intermittent issue.  Pressing Check/Enter on the current wi-fi network will attempt to re-connect.

If all else fails, here is the offline USB installer for 1.1.5 (we're in the process of updating the links on the website)

Ed Driscoll
      Participant

I’m able to ping the H9000 from my PC, so it appears to be connected to the LAN at least. For now, how do I port in material from a thumb drive?

Thanks,

Ed

tmoravan
      Participant
      Ed Driscoll wrote:

Hi there,

I’d like to install the latest update, but I’m currently getting the message, “The list of releases could not be retrieved from Eventide’s server (weber.eventide.com). Error message < an error occured parsing the update information from the Eventide server. Update information:” >

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks!

Ed

For me when that happens, I go into the Network menu on the 9000 and reselect my network.  Once I reselect it, it connects and downloads fine.

Ed Driscoll
      Participant

I rebooted the machine with the wifi adapter plugged in, and was able to connect via wifi and update to 1.1.5(0) , and I think I’m back in business.

NSV11UP
      Participant

I encountered this issue as well when using the wireless adapter.  I switched to direct cable network connection to the router/switch but the issue persisted.  I was able to identify that the security settings on the studio firfewall were preventing a successful connection to the Eventide server.  I moved the H9000 IP address to the DMZ on the network router and voila it connected to the Eventide server with no error message.  I suppose there are possibly a few firewall ports that need to be allowed for successful connection of studio devices to outside servers.  If the list of ports/protocols that need to be enabled or open on the firewall (other tha standar 80/HTTP) were listed, one could update the security profile on the router to permit connectivity accordingly eliminating need for a DMZ port to be setup for th H9000.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        NSV11UP wrote:

I encountered this issue as well when using the wireless adapter.  I switched to direct cable network connection to the router/switch but the issue persisted.  I was able to identify that the security settings on the studio firfewall were preventing a successful connection to the Eventide server.  I moved the H9000 IP address to the DMZ on the network router and voila it connected to the Eventide server with no error message.  I suppose there are possibly a few firewall ports that need to be allowed for successful connection of studio devices to outside servers.  If the list of ports/protocols that need to be enabled or open on the firewall (other tha standar 80/HTTP) were listed, one could update the security profile on the router to permit connectivity accordingly eliminating need for a DMZ port to be setup for th H9000.

Good idea – we should make a note of this in the manual.

The query to the web service to get the list of available releases and their metadata happens over https (port 443).  The retrieval of the actual system binary is plain http (port 80).  There aren't any other protocols used in the update process.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.