H9000 production techniques

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 production techniques

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      joeydego
      Participant

So experimenting with a few reverb algos with a pre delay of more than 2 or 3 ms, with any amount of level on the snare going into it, I get what sounds like the original hit with another effected hit and the verb tail. This of course is not the desired effect and is more prominent as you introduce more level into the Eventide. So whats the best option to get that initial crack of the snare and then the verb to envelope it but not sound like 2 hits? Kill the transient going into the verb with something like onmipressor or one of the other comps in the unit? 

John Baylies
      Participant

A general answer would be to use sidechain compression with the reverb as the source and the percussion sample as the sidechain.

I can give you a more specific answer if you can tell me more about the reverb algorithm presets you're using.

joeydego
      Participant

Edit: I see you’re referring to a H9000 comp. I need to learn how to set that up in studio one, I’m not too sure how to make a sidechain assignment to external hardware. I’m sure there’s a way. Gives me something to work on anyhow.

joeydego
      Participant
      John Baylies wrote:

A general answer would be to use sidechain compression with the reverb as the source and the percussion sample as the sidechain.

I can give you a more specific answer if you can tell me more about the reverb algorithm presets you're using.

You’re talking about in the DAW session I’m assuming? This would make sense. I’ll try that. I’ve noticed this on many of the 2016 verb presets, no one in particular stands out. Even the other stuff, if I inch up pre delay it’s the same thing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.