H9000 Scene map/bank midi control

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Scene map/bank midi control

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      moschops
      Participant

Hi,

So its extremely awesome that we can edit Scenes in Emote and access them via remote midi, very good work!

What about changing the actual Scene Maps though [the column on the left in Emote], maybe use CC00 to change this while keeping the already implemented program changes per SCENE?

moschops
      Participant

Hi,

Wanted to add, one could then use the Scene maps in the left column to point to your respective song and then up to 128 scenes could then be used within that song.

This would make much more sense than just having 128 scenes for everything via remote midi, it will get very messy as one song might use only 1 scene and another might use dozens, so the numbering of scenes will get very confusing and not elegant, much clearer to have remotely accessed scene maps and then the scenes within them?

John Baylies
      Participant

True!

I've made a ticket for your request. I can not yet offer a timeline for it, though.

moschops
      Participant

Many thanks, MUCH appreciated.

moschops
      Participant

I thought MAYBE the other scene maps could be accessed via midi but, I don’t think they can? That’s a shame, let’s hope this little fix gets added as it will literally make the H9000 128 times more powerful as a live tool.

moschops
      Participant

Ok, thanks for clarifying that and keeping fingers crossed.

moschops
      Participant

Sorry to bump my own post but the more I use the H9000 the more I realise this and being able to name the scenes is just a total must have feature for live use.

I bought the H9k to use for live song use in my electronic music setup, it’s quite conventional in a lot of ways, remotely calling up H9k presets with my hardware sequencer.

Essentially I just want to switch H9k presets for every song and so being able to name the scene maps with the same name as the song is basic stuff, being able to have 128 snapshots within that song will be very good, I will probably realistically use a dozen or more snapshots per song, if I have 128 then i can go crazy if I want to which is why I bought the 9k, to go crazy!

yumyum1667
      Participant

Did this ever get resolved?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

This feature has not yet been added but we are looking into it and will let you know here when it is ready!

yumyum1667
        Participant

Ok great we are looking forward to it.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      moschops wrote:

I thought MAYBE the other scene maps could be accessed via midi but, I don't think they can? That's a shame, let's hope this little fix gets added as it will literally make the H9000 128 times more powerful as a live tool.

Just to confirm, no the Scene maps cannot be selected or activated using MIDI messages. The only way you can interact with the Scene maps is by using the front panel Scenes menu or using the Scenes menu in Emote. We hope to be able to add this in a future release. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.