H9000 : scenes and midi latch

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 : scenes and midi latch

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      quaisoir
      Participant

Hello everyone 🙂

I have two little questions :

about your experience with “scenes” in emote ? There is a “scene capture” feature which is very cool, but it’s not working well for me (it recalls the algos settings well, but not the bypasses…). Did you had a similar experience ?

Second, I have a FCB1010 midi foot controller and trying to map it to the H9000 so it bypasses the algos, but on the H9000R it’s on “latch” mode (the algo only bypasses when your foot is pushing the controller). Is there a way to put the control in toggle mode in the mapping editor ? I just can’t find it (or maybe it’s on another control ?)

Thanks by advance ! 🙂

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

When you capture a Scene it should be capturing the active/bypass state of all FX Chains and Algorithms.

Can you try:

• Bypassing an algorithm in an FX Chain, then capturing the Scene
      • Making the same algorithm active, and then capturing another Scene

When you do this, activating either Scene should either bypass or activate that algorithm.

It sounds like the “Action Type” for your controller is set to momentary. You can try switching this action to trigger or toggle. These options are found in the mapping menu when you right-click a parameter to map.

Puppeteer
      Participant

I’m pretty sure the FCB1010 can be set up in toggle mode, which will probably be better for this application, though it has been quite a while since I’ve sat down to program my FCB1010.

quaisoir
      Participant

Hello,

tbskoglund : after many testsn honestly I think it’s a bug. I work in the VG industry, so I know what bug report is, so let’s go :

MacOS 12.6, M1 max Emote 2.0.5(1) H9000R 2.0.5(2) : 3 bugs so far :

1- when you select “note on” on a trigger source and that you make it learn the note, the learn function works for the first trigger source, but if you add another, it’s not working  (i tried increment, then decrement for example). I tried different midi sources, always the same result.

2 – “toggle”, “velocity” and “trigger” in “note on” do not work on a switch that needs to be toggled. I also tried a lot of options, USB included : it’s broken (trigger works only once, though)

I hope that helps !

Puppeteer : I thought the toggle feature was always on the target device, not on the midi controller ?

Thanks for your answers ! 🙂

Guillaume

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for your report. Can you be more specific about your first issue? I was able to learn a few MIDI notes for Scene trigger actions and this worked correctly.

• In the Scene mapping menu, click the + to create a trigger source
        • Set this to Increment > Note On, click Learn and input a MIDI note.
        • Click the + to create another trigger source, set this to decrement > Note On, click Learn and input another MIDI note.
        • Now we have 2 Triggers via MIDI notes that will perform decrement and increment, both of which used MIDI learn

Let me know if this works for you, and if not please provide instructions for what you are trying and where it doesn’t work correctly.

For the other Note On commands, there does seem to be issues with the commands you mentioned. I’ll have to look into this further with a MIDI monitor to get a better idea of what is happening.

I would suggest using CCs for programming your switches. MIDI Note does work correctly for functions like Scenes > Load By Number, or Note Number to play a keyboard and adjust the range of a parameter.

There are also some algorithms with built in MIDI note detect like MIDI Harmony that can be very fun.

quaisoir
      Participant

Hi,

well, the problem is when I try to midi-learn the second trigger source, it doesn’t work, but it works on the first one ! On the second nothing happens when I click on “learn”, it’s not reading any input (I checked with a midi monitor, the midi message is fine on the controller side).

quaisoir
      Participant

the the rest, I’ll try with CC, I’ll tell you if it works !

quaisoir
      Participant

It works with CC in stompbox mode 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.