Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Tempo for Note Value calculation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      macgee
      Participant

Hi there

Tempo for Delay MS calculation

The tempo setting in the H9K seems to have little effect on time based parameters.

See attached, if I have the box set to 125bpm and set the time of delay to whole note, then it should be around 1920ms but the box always sets it to 2000ms.

Regardless of the tempo, the time choices always seem to defaut to whole or fractions of 120bpm.

This is a big bug and causing big headache for me as I need to reference an external doc and do calculations to input manually.

This is in Emote or on the H9K itself

Also, in Emote, the ability to set delay to note values less than Half a note are completely missing – they are present on the H9K though.

Perhaps a Division or Multiplication option in Emote would be useful? i.e. select whole, half note, etc. note then divide by 2 or multiplied by 2

Tempo in Algorithm

In the “Brain Loops” algorithm for exmaple, it shows Tempo of 120bpm while the machine is set to 130bpm 

Is it possible to have these resolved in the next update please

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

(Caveat – other will know more about this than I).

This is not a simple issue – parameters do not automatically respond to tempo changes unless they have been programmed to. (Example – if you had a ten-second delay, would it or would it not be tempo related ?)

This is probably inevitable – not all time parameters are tempo related – someone has to make a decision as to which are, and then make the necessary program changes. The default is that they are not.

If you find any specific (as opposed to all) parameters that should be tempo enabled and are not, please inform us and we will add them to the request list.

macgee
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

(Caveat – other will know more about this than I).

This is not a simple issue – parameters do not automatically respond to tempo changes unless they have been programmed to.

I don’t think you understood the issue.
        I couldn’t upload enough screenshots.
        On the box or emote, there is a drop down next to many time based parameter, e.g. whole note, etc.. that drop down always results in a whole note value that is based on 120bpm regardless of the machine tempo setting. It appears to be a bug.
        Should I report these through the forum or email support? This needs to fixed as it’s a pain using external calculator for this for 6 delay lines.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

See – caveat.

Hopefully someone else will reply (HINT) now that the holiday is over.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        nickrose wrote:

See – caveat.

Hopefully someone else will reply (HINT) now that the holiday is over.

We think this is a bug and will work on reproducing and fixing it this week.  There's no need to report it separately.

macgee
      Participant

For everyone else’s benefit, this is a bug. Basically when you restart the box, the note value division drop down defaults to being based on 120bpm. If you change tempo then it works again.
      They’re implementing a fix.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.