H9000-The Greatest Looper in the Universe?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000-The Greatest Looper in the Universe?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      brysava
      Participant

I’m trying to decide whether to return a Pigtronix Infinity full featured looper during the return period since I have the H9000 on order, and, at least potentially, it seems like it could or should be the best live performance looper out there due it’s ability to run multiple instances of any of the loopers in the unit, mute whatever and whenever, have better audio quality than any of the full featured units out there–plus being able to add the great fx processing after the loops, etc., etc. This isn’t my main reason for getting the H9000 of course, but if I can have less stuff on the floor to plug in at a gig, that make things easier. Have the “broken” aspects of any of the past loopers in the Eventide units that are now in the H9000 been fixed? Is my expectation of the H9000 as a super looper justified (at least vs the standalone full-featured ones out there)?

Thanks in advance for the reply and looking forward to the release!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Uh – I think you will have to name the "broken" issues before we can say if they are fixed.

Most of the H8000FW presets have been translated to the new environment without much change.

brysava
      Participant

Thanks for the reply NIck. The “broken” term was just from reading a few of the past threads on the subject. I’m sure you all wouldn’t put in things that were not functioning into a new unit of this stature. The main purpose of my post was to get Eventide’s opinion regarding whether or not, because of its immense power, the H9000 would make a great all-round looper vs the full featured stand-alone ones on the market. Just an educated guess is fine–I know you guys can’t be familiar with everything out there, and I’m certainly not. But it sure seems like it at least has the potential to be the best looper that there is, with the apparent ability to use the best aspects of several looper presets at once, and muting them when they’re not needed, etc.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H9K is essentially the most powerful multichannel effect unit currently available, with a particular focus on serious input/output options.

If what you want is a looper, there may be cheaper or simpler alternatives.

brysava
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

The H9K is essentially the most powerful multichannel effect unit currently available, with a particular focus on serious input/output options.

If what you want is a looper, there may be cheaper or simpler alternatives.

No, like I said in the original post, I’m not buying it as a looper, but I have a looper out on trial, and it seemed logical to inquire whether, among the many other things the H9000 can do and that I’ll be using it for, it could possibly be an amazing looper. Then I wouldn’t need to buy this stand alone one. I was trying to get an opinion on that before I have to buy the looper I have out on trial, or send it back to the dealer. But maybe I’ll send this one back either way, and hope I like the looping capabilities of the H9000 when it comes in. I know that I’ll like the rest of it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.