H9000 – Thinking of a purchase, but have questions

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 – Thinking of a purchase, but have questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Quantum7
      Participant

I use Cubase, and my audio interface is a Lynx Aurora with 32 ins/outs via DB-25’s,  and I would use the DB25 connectors to run the 8 ins and outs to and from the H9000…..unless there is a better way to use the H9000 with Cubase?   So, within Cubase would I be able to use 4 stereo (or 8 mono) FX at a time?  Can they be saved per Cubase session, sort of like VST FX?   Anything else regarding using the H9000 with Cubase would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi Quantum7,

Using the DB25 connectors to get 8 channels of analog I/O into the system will work just fine; yes, 4 stereo and 8 mono would be available combinations. Emote, the software that controls the H9000, can be used as a plug-in in Cubase to store your session settings; however, it is best practice to store the Session on H9000 as a backup.

Regarding I/O, the  H9000 permits the simultaneous use of analog, digital, Dante, and Pro Tools. So it would be possible, for example, to get a Dante expansion card for both your H9000 and the Aurora for an extra 32 channels on top of your 8 analog I/O. Or, if you are on a Mac, you can connect the H9000 via USB to you computer and create what is called an aggregate device, allowing you to use the I/O on the Aurora in conjunction with the I/O on the H9000 as if it were a super interface; this is only possible on Mac, not PCs. This will give you 16 channels of I/O via USB into Cubase, plus whatever you have connected to your Lynx. From within your session, you can go direct to the H9000 without any conversion to the analog domain.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.