H9000 – Thunderbolt Expansion Card very much needed!

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 – Thunderbolt Expansion Card very much needed!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Is it Eventide planning to release an ultra-fast Thunderbolt Expansion Card for the H9000?

The USB port is dead slow for tracking with the computer in Live situations..

pleaseplease say yes!!  devil

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      pepeflores2003 wrote:

Is it Eventide planning to release an ultra-fast Thunderbolt Expansion Card for the H9000?

The USB port is dead slow for tracking with the computer in Live situations..

pleaseplease say yes!!  devil

We have been considering it, but there's no definite schedule at this point.

By the way, what do you mean when you say the USB port is slow?

Thanks for yoiur answer!

I’m considering buying the h9000 but one the most obvious cons is to be able to interface it with my DAW without too much latency

USB ports and usb drvers are famous for producing too much latency when tracking live..

but you already know this right?

Having to buy another interface (thunderbolt interface) would not be ideal if I want to send 16 tracks of audio or more back and forth with the H9000.. 

Clocking would also be an issue if I want to connect both devices to the same computer etc, etc

So if you guys bring a fast thunderbolt expansion card for the H9000, the purchase would be a no brainer for me and many people I believe, especially guitarists and live musicians that want to interface the h9000 with the computer and still be able to perform/track live..

I’ll be tuned for any from you on this

Thanks,

p.

John Baylies
      Participant

you could get the Dante expansion and have 64 channels (or maybe only 32… I’m not sure) at 4ms over ethernet. https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-virtual-soundcard?lang=en

John Baylies wrote:

you could get the Dante expansion and have 64 channels (or maybe only 32… I’m not sure) at 4ms over ethernet. https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-virtual-soundcard?lang=en

I have tested that option but in order to get low latency you need to get an expensive thunderbolt/pci dante interface for the computer too, such as a focusrite rednet for example.

However, that would increase the price substantially.

Connecting the h9000 straight to the ethernet port of the computer using audinante’s driver ‘DVS’ will NOT give you 4ms latency. It’s more about 10ms to 15ms min and at a very low sample buffer..

A Thunderbolt expansion card for the H9000 would be way much cheaper and we wouldn’t need additional interfaces to achieve lower latency for tracking and real time live performance,, as well as minimising the size and complexity of the rig, which is great if you play live..

Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.