h9000 toggle switch suggestion

Home Forums Products Rackmount h9000 toggle switch suggestion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      tmoravan
      Participant

Let me start by saying I generally love the UI on the H9k.  Very easy to get around, allows me to find and directly edit the parameters I care about; all good.

I do have a suggestion for the parameters you are representing with a toggle switch (mono/stereo, fast/slow, etc).  Right now, I arrow over to the parameter and turn the data wheel.  Currently a menu pops up and makes me stop and read it and then twist the wheel to select what I want.  that’s kind of slow and distracting. 

Why not have the text under the toggle switch change directly when I turn the data wheel like virtually every other parameter?  That’s seems faster and more in-line with how the rest of the UI operates.  Also allow the up/down arrows on the keypad to change the value too.

thoughts?

thanks,

Tom

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      tmoravan wrote:

Let me start by saying I generally love the UI on the H9k.  Very easy to get around, allows me to find and directly edit the parameters I care about; all good.

I do have a suggestion for the parameters you are representing with a toggle switch (mono/stereo, fast/slow, etc).  Right now, I arrow over to the parameter and turn the data wheel.  Currently a menu pops up and makes me stop and read it and then twist the wheel to select what I want.  that's kind of slow and distracting. 

Why not have the text under the toggle switch change directly when I turn the data wheel like virtually every other parameter?  That's seems faster and more in-line with how the rest of the UI operates.  Also allow the up/down arrows on the keypad to change the value too.

You're right, the toggle switch doesn't need a popup list – we should probably change that.

However, you can also just toggle the switch by hitting the Enter (check) key instead of using the wheel.

ssgrfk
      Participant

Another UX feature i’d love to see on EMOTE would be the abilit to double click on any fader / rotary knob controller and have that fader / knob etc return to ZERO value or even better, for a knob, cycle through Minimum / Default / Maximum values.

and perhaps setup some dedicated forum thread for Emote UX feedback / ideas.

jfirlik
        Eventide Staff
        ssgrfk wrote:

Another UX feature i'd love to see on EMOTE would be the abilit to double click on any fader / rotary knob controller and have that fader / knob etc return to ZERO value or even better, for a knob, cycle through Minimum / Default / Maximum values.

and perhaps setup some dedicated forum thread for Emote UX feedback / ideas.

If you hold the Alt key on your keyboard while clicking on a parameter, it should snap back to its default value (if it has one defined).  The current version of Emote doesn't implement very many other shortcuts or key commands at the moment, we realize this and welcome any suggestions for ways to speed up the workflow.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.