H9000 very slow startup time, normal?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 very slow startup time, normal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      moschops wrote:

Press ON button, all lights come on and screen says eventide H9000, stays like this for 40 seconds!

I thought it was broken,

THEN the progress bar comes up and takes another 1 minute 12 seconds to boot, so 1minute 52 second total boot time!

It does take a long time to start up.  There are several subsystems internally that have to be started in the right order and it isn't exactly analogous to booting up a modern computer.  We would love for it to be faster, but it is difficult and time consuming to optimize this process.  Also, as we develop the system, the startup time tends to get slower, so any optimization is an ongoing task.  We're a small team and have to prioritize, and in the run up to the release of the H9000, we didn't have resources to dedicate to this.

The first-time startup takes a bit longer than subsequent startups, because the H9000 builds an indexed database of all the factory content to enable searching and sorting.  But this is only a difference of 10-20 seconds if I remember correctly.

tmoravan
      Participant

I’ve just gotten into the habit of powering the H9000 on first thing.  Slow power-up, yes, but once it’s up and running the responsiveness of the system is pretty snappy.

FWIW, I have a bunch of analog gear that takes a lot longer to get to a stabile temperature for tuning, so in the grand scheme of things I’m happy the team is focusing their energy on other priorities now.

moschops
      Participant

Hi,

So I just got my H9000.

Press ON button, all lights come on and screen says eventide H9000, stays like this for 40 seconds!

I thought it was broken,

THEN the progress bar comes up and takes another 1 minute 12 seconds to boot, so 1minute 52 second total boot time!

Wow so cutting edge, really get the vibe of using the latest technology, haha

Seriously though its like being back on Windows 95, maybe thats whats inside?

Is the same for everyone?

Sorry to post such a negative first post but this is before I’ve even began using it, let’s hope it gets better from here on!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.