H9000 very slow startup time, normal?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 very slow startup time, normal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      moschops
      Participant

Hi,

So I just got my H9000.

Press ON button, all lights come on and screen says eventide H9000, stays like this for 40 seconds!

I thought it was broken,

THEN the progress bar comes up and takes another 1 minute 12 seconds to boot, so 1minute 52 second total boot time!

Wow so cutting edge, really get the vibe of using the latest technology, haha

Seriously though its like being back on Windows 95, maybe thats whats inside?

Is the same for everyone?

Sorry to post such a negative first post but this is before I’ve even began using it, let’s hope it gets better from here on!

DeWalta
      Participant

does you unit still need 2 min. to power up?

macgee
      Participant

It does take a little while to boot up and after update got a small bit longer so when I enter my studio, I turn it on and it’s ready long before I’m settled

I’ve not had any crashes in a long time so startup hasn’t been a problem

moschops
      Participant

Hi,

I had a replacement unit, replaced swiftly, [thanks eventide] due to an issue with pcb mounts coming loose, I think they have changed the way they make them now.

The new unit has the same bootup time, kinda got used to it now, just turn it on before anything else.

DeWalta
      Participant

are you guys running the H9000 as a soundcard/audio-interface or on the side? Can and shoukd it replace an audio I/O converter setup or is it wise to have it running parallel as an aggregate device?

macgee
      Participant

The manual recommends as part of aggregate device and where you have another device as master with console, etc.
      Currently I’m using it along side a UAD Apollo and in this config it’s brilliant. Using Apollo DI or analog in and being able to route to the H9K through UAD console and back using any UAD plugin in real time, e.g. amp sim before or after, etc.
      I’ve only just started testing USB audio for purposes of routing using logic i/o on buses. Routing works fine and latency well detected using ping but I’m still figuring out things like level discrepancy.

Then of course it’s also good for additional high quality AD/DA

The unit isn’t finished, I think of it as something that will be enhanced over the next 5-10 years, longer I hope.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.