H9000 + WHAT for guitar recording?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 + WHAT for guitar recording?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zengomi
      Participant

Hello!

One aspect of the H9000 that I’d like some clarification on is its use in recording an electric guitar. I have a nice preamp (Atlas Pro Audio Juggernaut Twin) to start the chain. From there, I’m wondering to what extent the H9000 can take the guitar sound to a recording. Digitally conecting with my iMac isn’t a perogative. I’m totally OK with analog.

Does anyone here use an H9000 to record an electric guitar?

Cheers!

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      zengomi wrote:

Hello!

One aspect of the H9000 that I'd like some clarification on is its use in recording an electric guitar. I have a nice preamp (Atlas Pro Audio Juggernaut Twin) to start the chain. From there, I'm wondering to what extent the H9000 can take the guitar sound to a recording. Digitally conecting with my iMac isn't a perogative. I'm totally OK with analog.

Cheers!

Hello,

There are many ways to be able to achieve this. I am not familiar with your setup but the H9000 will function just like any other Hardware box. You will still use it in your session as a hardware insert into your track. If you are avoiding using the H9000 in a 'Digital Domain', you can take advantage of the 8 channels of analog I/O. The H9000 is very capable of taking your guitar recording and turning it into something completely different using the available algorithms. 

Although, there is no way to directly plug in your guitar to the H9000, you can still use it as an insert onto any track using your DAW. 

I hope this answers your question! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

zengomi
        Participant
        floresp640 wrote:

zengomi wrote:

Hello!

One aspect of the H9000 that I’d like some clarification on is its use in recording an electric guitar. I have a nice preamp (Atlas Pro Audio Juggernaut Twin) to start the chain. From there, I’m wondering to what extent the H9000 can take the guitar sound to a recording. Digitally conecting with my iMac isn’t a perogative. I’m totally OK with analog.

Cheers!

Hello,

There are many ways to be able to achieve this. I am not familiar with your setup but the H9000 will function just like any other Hardware box. You will still use it in your session as a hardware insert into your track. If you are avoiding using the H9000 in a ‘Digital Domain’, you can take advantage of the 8 channels of analog I/O. The H9000 is very capable of taking your guitar recording and turning it into something completely different using the available algorithms. 

Although, there is no way to directly plug in your guitar to the H9000, you can still use it as an insert onto any track using your DAW. 

I hope this answers your question! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Hello!

Thank you for replying and offering to help further.

Most of time, I would like to play guitar without using a DAW. Does the following chain make sense?  

Guitar > preamp > H9000 analog input > H9000 analog output > mixer > audio interface > computer

How would you personally bring your guitar’s sound into the H9000 when it is not used as a DAW insert?

Thanks again for your help!

floresp640
        Eventide Staff
        zengomi wrote:

floresp640 wrote:

zengomi wrote:

Hello!

One aspect of the H9000 that I'd like some clarification on is its use in recording an electric guitar. I have a nice preamp (Atlas Pro Audio Juggernaut Twin) to start the chain. From there, I'm wondering to what extent the H9000 can take the guitar sound to a recording. Digitally conecting with my iMac isn't a perogative. I'm totally OK with analog.

Cheers!

Hello,

There are many ways to be able to achieve this. I am not familiar with your setup but the H9000 will function just like any other Hardware box. You will still use it in your session as a hardware insert into your track. If you are avoiding using the H9000 in a 'Digital Domain', you can take advantage of the 8 channels of analog I/O. The H9000 is very capable of taking your guitar recording and turning it into something completely different using the available algorithms. 

Hello!

Most of time, I would like to play guitar without using a DAW. Does the following chain make sense?  

Guitar > preamp > H9000 analog input > H9000 analog output > mixer > audio interface > computer

How would you personally bring your guitar's sound into the H9000 when it is not used as a DAW insert?

That would work! This would be the simplest way to set it up but you would have to keep an eye on your input gain which you can control within the H9000 (analog input gains). 

Im not very familiar with your setup but it sounds like you might not even need the Audio interface and the Computer if you will not be using the DAW. 

zengomi
        Participant
        floresp640 wrote:

zengomi wrote:

floresp640 wrote:

zengomi wrote:

Hello!

Cheers!

Hello,

There are many ways to be able to achieve this. I am not familiar with your setup but the H9000 will function just like any other Hardware box. You will still use it in your session as a hardware insert into your track. If you are avoiding using the H9000 in a ‘Digital Domain’, you can take advantage of the 8 channels of analog I/O. The H9000 is very capable of taking your guitar recording and turning it into something completely different using the available algorithms. 

Hello!

How would you personally bring your guitar’s sound into the H9000 when it is not used as a DAW insert?

That would work! This would be the simplest way to set it up but you would have to keep an eye on your input gain which you can control within the H9000 (analog input gains). 

Im not very familiar with your setup but it sounds like you might not even need the Audio interface and the Computer if you will not be using the DAW. 

Thanks again! That answers my question precisely. 

For playing and preparing, no DAW necessary. Eventually, though, I’d use Logic, either to record or to import a recording. 

floresp640
      Eventide Staff

Although I recommend using a computer anyway for using Emote

zengomi
        Participant
        floresp640 wrote:

Although I recommend using a computer anyway for using Emote

Actually, I would use a computer for Emote because I’ll probably buy an H9000R.

joeydego
      Participant

Did you ever get this sorted? 

zengomi
      Participant

Went in a completely different direction. Bought two UAD Apollo x8p and tons of plugins. 

joeydego
      Participant
      zengomi wrote:

Went in a completely different direction. Bought two UAD Apollo x8p and tons of plugins. 

wow you have a ton of I/O there! I bought an x8 and an H9000, utilizing all my I/O with the Eventide, 8 ADAT and 8 analog channels. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.