H9000 Wifi Issue

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Wifi Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      craig0101
      Participant

I have a a H9000 running version 1.1.5[0] (685b332).

Since updating from 1.0.0.47 I can no longer teather my iphones Wifi with the H9000, I get the following error 

Connection Failed: There was an error onnecting to Craigxe2x80x99s iPhone: timed out

One thing I’ve noticed, is when selecting the wifi network it now comes up as Craigxe2x80x99s iPhone, where before I think it was something much shorter, I think it was something like Craigs Iphone. I was able to select this teatherd network fine before and teather both my iMac and H9000 together, using the Emote to connect to the device.

I still don’t have a proper wifi network setup in my studio, and really want to move on to the Beta releases, but struggling as I don’t the option to download the new Beta firmware in my products section on the website and I can’t teather the device to the internet, so I’m pretty stuck.

Any ideas on what’s up or how I can get around this somehow?

p.s. this is my first Eventide purchase and it’s changed my life, absolutely blown away with this and I’m looking forward to sending you some tracks in the future to show you what I’ve managed to come up with. ITS CHANGED EVERYTHING, THANKYOU!!

Thanks

Craig

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

I have a hunch that this has something to do with the hotspot name — those weird 'xe2x80x99' characters are a garbled representation of a special apostrophe character that may not be recognized properly as part of a Wifi network name.

In iOS, the hotspot automatically takes the name of the iPhone itself, so you'll need to modify your iPhone's name slightly.

Under Settings > General > About > Name, you'll want to replace the slanted apostrophe with the ASCII standard vertical apostrophe.  You can access it by holding down the main apostrophe key and selecting the straight vertical one (highlighted in blue in the image below).  You may then need to re-start the hotspot for the change to take effect.

craig0101
      Participant

Hello,

This worked a treat, thanks so much.

Craig

KazRemark
      Participant

I just received my H9000, and am having what sounds like a similar issue connecting to Wifi.  My wifi networks both use umlauts, so I take it I need to rename them for the H9000 to recognize?

KazRemark
      Participant

To clarify, when I try to connect to either of those networks it times out. 

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      KazRemark wrote:

I just received my H9000, and am having what sounds like a similar issue connecting to Wifi.  My wifi networks both use umlauts, so I take it I need to rename them for the H9000 to recognize?

I can't view the image you posted for some reason, but it's possible that there are text encoding issues with accented characters.  We can look into this, but in the meantime, if it isn't too inconvenient, please try renaming your network, or switching to a wired connection instead.

KazRemark
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:
      KazRemark wrote:

I can't view the image you posted for some reason, but it's possible that there are text encoding issues with accented characters.  We can look into this, but in the meantime, if it isn't too inconvenient, please try renaming your network, or switching to a wired connection instead.

I removed the German characters from my WiFi network name, and was able to connect. However, it wasn’t a reliable connection so I went with Ethernet instead.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.