H9000 will not update

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 will not update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      J.Cramer

I was finally able to get my H9000 connected correctly to my network thanks to a cool person HERE in the forums.I have been waiting for several months to use the emote on my windows based computer. 

Much to my dismay , I have now discovered that I still cannot use emote because the software in my H9000 is out of date. I have followed the instructions to update software found in the FAQ section for H9000 support and have failed in several attempts.

Questions : 1. Is there supposed to be a USB connection from the unit to my computer during the update ? The instructions say nothing about this.

2. When I download “USB Installer for H9000” and then copy to a USB drive formatted to FAT32 file system : Is this the update? What am I supposed to do with this USB drive? The instuctions DO NOT specify.

Again it is apparent that I am new to this stuff and any assistance is greatly appreciated.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      J.Cramer wrote:

Questions : 1. Is there supposed to be a USB connection from the unit to my computer during the update ? The instructions say nothing about this.

2. When I download "USB Installer for H9000" and then copy to a USB drive formatted to FAT32 file system : Is this the update? What am I supposed to do with this USB drive? The instuctions DO NOT specify.

Again it is apparent that I am new to this stuff and any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

1. No, this isn't necessary.  The USB B port (the square one on the back that can be connected to the computer) is just for audio and MIDI.

2. To install an update using a USB drive, download the USB Installer, which is a zip file, then extract the two files from the zipfile onto the USB drive.  When that's done, eject the drive from your computer, and plug the drive into one of the USB A ports (the rectangular ones) of the H9000.  (There are two on the front and two on the back).  Power up the unit while holding down both the check and X keys, which will start your H9000 in update mode.  (This will take a while, and the screen will be blank while it starts up).  Then there should be on-screen instructions.

Note: we haven't updated the version of the USB installer on the website to the latest release yet.  You will want version 1.1.5, which you can download from here:

https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=Gr8fjrsoih0BoSuCCWL6wJzOkDCUAnjV

Did you already try updating it over the network?  If you navigate to the Software Update page in SETUP mode, do you see a list of available releases?  If that works for you, it's easier than going the USB route.

Please get in touch at support@eventide.com if you need more help.

J.Cramer

OK..This is great!! I have not tried to update through the network. I did not know I could do this. 

I have some stuff to do during the week now and will keep y’all informed.

I thought that, perhaps, I was missing something and now I see this to be the case.

J.Cramer

Well SNAP!!!

I have tried to update my H9000 using SET UP mode and then UPDATE SOFTWARE and….FAIL!! It says that an error occured and the list of updates could not be reached on Eventides server.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        J.Cramer wrote:

Well SNAP!!!

I have tried to update my H9000 using SET UP mode and then UPDATE SOFTWARE and….FAIL!! It says that an error occured and the list of updates could not be reached on Eventides server.

Hmm.  Please could you check the IP address settings on the Network page?  You can post them here, or email to support@eventide.com.  Are you able to connect to your H9000 from emote?  Also, it would be helpful if you could let us know the exact text of the error message.

J.Cramer

OK…This may seem like overkill but here is EVERYTHING.

Network Name: Ethernet      Network Type: Wired     IP Address: 169.254.57.15

Net Mask: 255.255.0.0     Gateway: 0.0.0.0

This is the info about the H9000 itself.

Model: H9000  (Rev Unknown)          Name: 9K-00369        Serial: 9K-00369     Software: 1.0.0[38] (008665b)

The emote detects the H9000 but will not connect to the unit due to the software being outdated.

The exact text of the error message is as follows:

< An error occured parsing the update information recieved from the Eventide server update information: ” ‘ >

I hope this assists in resolving this issue.        My head hurts.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        J.Cramer wrote:

OK…This may seem like overkill but here is EVERYTHING.

[ … ]

Thanks – this is helpful.  I have contacted you via email.

JKShark
      Participant

I know this is an old post but I’ve just received my H9000 today and I get this exact same issue. How did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks,

JKShark
      Participant

Using a MacBook Pro with Catalina version 10.15.6. H9000 is version 1.2.2 and emote is 1.3 so they can’t talk to each other. This is my second H9000 unit as the first was faulty and I was able to update the previous unit fine. So I know it’s not an issue with my laptop or WiFi.

JKShark
      Participant

I have installed the 1.2 version of Emote and it does now connect to my H9000 so I can at least now use the hardware in my DAW which is a good first step. But the Emote software will still not allow me to update the H9000. If I click on the updates button in Emote, I get a screen/box saying software update but it is blank. See screenshot. What do you suggest now? Do I have to sent the unit back and get my third h9000? Not a great advert for the company…

(I haven’t yet had a response to my email support ticket that i generated yesterday).

Thanks,

Jon

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi Jon, are you connected to a wifi network? It’s possible the H9000 is not able to access the updates. You can verify on the H9000 itself if you press the Setup button, use the arrows to navigate to Network, and see if the machine is connected to your studio’s wifi network. Every Session that is created can have its own Network preferences, so it’s possible the one you’re using might not be using the internet.

JKShark
      Participant

Yes. I am connected to wifi. The fact that the Emote VST can control the H9000 is evidence that they are working (as they can only work over wifi I believe). Anyway, just tried again after a break and it has just worked! Did nothing different. Can’t help but wonder if this was an issue on the Eventide server…

Anyway, happy that it is all working now. Up to date hardware and Emote. All talking together. Now just have to learn the 8,000 algorithms!

Thanks for your help.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      JKShark wrote:

I know this is an old post but I've just received my H9000 today and I get this exact same issue. How did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks,

Hi, can you give some more information about your setup? Are you using Windows or Mac? 

What version of Emote and H9000 software are you currently running? 

If you’ve tried updating already and got the same error that was listed above then please contact support@eventide.com

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      JKShark wrote:
      Using a MacBook Pro with Catalina version 10.15.6. H9000 is version 1.2.2 and emote is 1.3 so they can’t talk to each other. This is my second H9000 unit as the first was faulty and I was able to update the previous unit fine. So I know it’s not an issue with my laptop or WiFi.

Hello,

I might have just responded to your support ticket, please let me know if you received the email. 

In terms of updating. your H9000, can you try installing the 1.2 version of Emote so that it is compatible with your H9000? This way, you can connect succesfully and you can update your H9000 to 1,3 from there. 

You can install the correct version of emote (1.2) Here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/14445/installers

Hope this helps! 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Splendid! I’m glad it’s working now and you’ve updated.

JKShark wrote:
      Yes. I am connected to wifi. The fact that the Emote VST can control the H9000 is evidence that they are working (as they can only work over wifi I believe).

There are various ways you can connect to the H9000 – Using the provided wifi dongle and creating a local access point, via Wifi, and using Ethernet. However, only connecting to the actual internet will allow a user to find the updates.

I have some Sessions where I use a hardwired Ethernet connection with my laptop when I’m performing, and others programmed to use wifi when I’m at home in my studio. If I forget to load the Session with the right Network settings, I may run into the situation you had here.

Eventide is aware of this and working on a solution to have Emote communicate needing to connect to the internet.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.