H9000R Midi Control

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000R Midi Control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Harpo
      Participant

I tried to play a midi preset, for example “2413 midi resonance”, with an external midi device. But I failed. This seems to be only possible if I send the midi notes via USB midi from my computer. Is this right? Or what do I wrong?

Please help me!

greetings

Sebastian

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      Harpo wrote:

I tried to play a midi preset, for example "2413 midi resonance", with an external midi device. But I failed. This seems to be only possible if I send the midi notes via USB midi from my computer. Is this right? Or what do I wrong?

Please help me!

greetings

Sebastian

I tried this out with a USB MIDI controller plugged in to the front of the unit (Arturia Keystep) and it seems to work for me. There is no visual representation in the GUI but I can hear the filters work on note release. What MIDI controller are you using? 

Harpo
      Participant

I just tried a Akai MPK25 via USB. This time the H9000R crashes… I tried all midi channels and Omni(“2413 midi resonance”) When I select Omni it crashes. This happens also with DIN midi. By the way, my unit is running on  V1.2.2[3]

I could repeat this.

For me it seems only USB Device is working. This is very sad. There are to much crashes for an eventide device and it is not finished yet. I never had so much problems with a hardware like this. I always loved the Eventide units, but this is very annoying.

greetings

Sebastian

Harpo
      Participant

By the way only the midinote object seems not working. The midi learn for parameter controls are working with DIN midi and USB Host.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      Harpo wrote:

By the way only the midinote object seems not working. The midi learn for parameter controls are working with DIN midi and USB Host.

You are correct, the MIDINOTE module seems to have problems.  We haven't been able to reproduce any crashes with this sigfile (2413), but since MIDINOTE is only used in 10 sigfiles out of the thousands in the H9000, it didn't get as much testing as most other modules.  In addition, any issues with it would not have been caught by the automated system we used to regression test the algorithms against the H8000, since that system didn't have the ability to inject MIDI for the tests.

We'll fix it.

(To help us reproduce the crashes – this is H9000 software version 1.2.2[3] and which version of emote?)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.