H9000R Not Appearing in Emote

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000R Not Appearing in Emote

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jsillari
      Participant

Yes, I’ve read through as many forum posts on this topic as possible, but I haven’t found an answer. So I’m reaching out to the H9000R community and (hopefully) Eventide engineers to resolve this issue.

It’s simple: the H9000R does not appear in Emote. Very occasionally if the planets align correctly, the H9000R will make a cameo appearance in Emote, but more often than not, it does not appear. And now it never appears. I’ve tried restarting the H9000R, rebooting the Mac, pressing the network button endlessly — nothing works. I plugged and unplugged the Ethernet cable. I changed Ethernet cables. No deal.

System rundown:

H9000R: latest software build (can’t tell you which since it doesn’t appear in Emote 🙂 )

Emote: latest download from Eventide (can’t tell ’cause clicking on the green Eventide logo in Emote does nothing, why?)

MacOS 10.15.7 on Late 2013 Mac Pro (cylinder), 64GB RAM, big RAID5 array

DAW: Logic Pro

Network: Ethernet wired only, no wi-fi; H9000R Ethernet jack shows activity lights and Netgear 8-port switch also shows activity

Master clock: Black Lion Audio Micro Clock MkIII, all cables terminated via T-connectors and external 75ohm termination plugs

USB: H9000R appears in USB device list in System Information on Mac

Please let me know if you need any more data. Thanks!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hi, sorry about the connection issues you’ve been having. 

Regarding which Emote/H9000R software you are running: 

If you boot your H9000R in access point mode, the software version will be displayed at the top center of the Devices page in Emote.

To view your Emote software version, hover your mouse over the blue Eventide logo (don’t click) and it will appear. 

Can you please try performing the network handshake again? 

Boot up the unit while holding down the Network key (hold the Network key before pressing the power switch,) connect to Emote via access point mode, and then switch the network to ethernet if it hasn’t already been done already. 

More information about this can be found here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Product+Manuals/H9000RAddendum.pdf

Please let me know if that fixes your issue. 

-Tyler

jsillari
      Participant

Thanks for the speedy reply, Tyler. 

The Emote software version is up to date: 1.3.0[12].

I booted the H9000R in access mode with the USB Wi-Fi dongle attached to the front USB port, found the Wi-Fi access point and attached to it from my Mac. I ran Emote, but no H9000R appeared. 

Next steps?

jsillari
      Participant

The H9000R will appear if I boot into Recovery Mode. I can install the latest firmware from there; however, after the update completes, Emote reports that “Device 9K-0081 RECOVERY disconnected unexpectedly.” Also, if I engage Auto Connect, Emote crashes immediately (see attached crash log). If I restart the H9000R into its normal state, it does not appear in Emote.

qepic7
      Participant

Hello,

I’m having the same exact problem again, but with Windows.  I haven’t had to deal with this for a while, but had to move my equipment and re-wire everything, so back to this again.

Windows 10, 64gb RAM, Emote 1.3.0[12], Ethernet connection to H9000R, H9000R shows as an audio device in Windows but does not appear in Emote, ADAT will not sync with Focusrite Clarett like it usually does.  

I’ve followed all of the rebooting, pinhole protocols, restarted device and PC, refreshed DNS. Nothing is working.

Any advice would be appreciated

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      jsillari wrote:

The H9000R will appear if I boot into Recovery Mode. I can install the latest firmware from there; however, after the update completes, Emote reports that "Device 9K-0081 RECOVERY disconnected unexpectedly." Also, if I engage Auto Connect, Emote crashes immediately (see attached crash log). If I restart the H9000R into its normal state, it does not appear in Emote.

Thanks for giving that a shot. 

I'll message you directly via your registered Eventide email with some further troubleshooting instructions. 

qepic7
      Participant
      qepic7 wrote:

Hello,

I’m having the same exact problem again, but with Windows.  I haven’t had to deal with this for a while, but had to move my equipment and re-wire everything, so back to this again.

Windows 10, 64gb RAM, Emote 1.3.0[12], Ethernet connection to H9000R, H9000R shows as an audio device in Windows but does not appear in Emote, ADAT will not sync with Focusrite Clarett like it usually does.  

I’ve followed all of the rebooting, pinhole protocols, restarted device and PC, refreshed DNS. Nothing is working.

I forgot to mention that the instructions in the H9000R addendum mentions nothing about having to enter a network key in order to connect to the ad-hoc network (in the “setting up an H9000R with a wireless connection” of the H9000R addendum).

Obviously, this is very confusing.  Has anyone had to do this before?

Thanks in advance

joeydego
      Participant
      qepic7 wrote:

qepic7 wrote:

Hello,

I forgot to mention that the instructions in the H9000R addendum mentions nothing about having to enter a network key in order to connect to the ad-hoc network (in the “setting up an H9000R with a wireless connection” of the H9000R addendum).

Thanks in advance

Ive never seen it ask for a network Key, no. I do however suspect there’s something a bit wonky with the auto connect feature. I cant back that up with evidence and its only a suspicion. I get emote crashes from time to time, more so with VST but sometimes stand alone, too. I find with auto connect it seems to crash more often. My only solution for now is a reboot which you know is time to go grab a coffee and hope for the best launching emote again. I’m hard wired with an Ethernet cable, too. I’d say its 80% stable though and support has acknowledged some room for improvement here so I’m happy enough with that. 

qepic7
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:

qepic7 wrote:

qepic7 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Ive never seen it ask for a network Key, no. I do however suspect there’s something a bit wonky with the auto connect feature. I cant back that up with evidence and its only a suspicion. I get emote crashes from time to time, more so with VST but sometimes stand alone, too. I find with auto connect it seems to crash more often. My only solution for now is a reboot which you know is time to go grab a coffee and hope for the best launching emote again. I’m hard wired with an Ethernet cable, too. I’d say its 80% stable though and support has acknowledged some room for improvement here so I’m happy enough with that. 

It turns out after all the troubleshooting (rebooting, recovery and all) a ton with support, that it was a hardware issue, not software.  Finally, the issue is fixed after being down a week plus.  So grateful

Best,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.