H9000R stereo autopanner

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000R stereo autopanner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      sdd17
      Participant

So yesterday I tried to get this thing to do simple stereo autopanning and for the life of me I could not!!!

I tried the stereo auto-panning preset with no luck although ping-pong delays and other stereo effects were working!

Has Anybody else had this issue and is there something I am missing?

H9000R

Thanks,

Stevie D

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi Stevie D. Which algorithm are you working with? Is it 3311 Auto Panner? Also, can you give me an indication of what software you're working with?

sdd17
      Participant

Hello,

Software is 1.3.0(10) (eab755234) Not sure if that’s the emote or the h9000r

I am a little unsure how to check which version is emote and which is h9000r?

The Algo’s are 3329 and 3311

thank you vm

Stevie D

sdd17
      Participant

I’m using Cubase 11 on a mac/mojave

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi Stevie, Software 1.3.0(10) (eab755234) is the firmware on your H9000R. The latest version of Emote is 1.3.0[12], which you can download from the Eventide website, if you haven't already done so. On a Mac, for example, you can control+click on the application icon and choose "Get Info" to see what version you're on.

Some indication of how you're using your H9000R would be helpful. Are you routing signal directly from an audio track or are you using buses and inserts? I checked 3311 and it's working fine on my end. In my setup, for example, I have a synth on an audio track and I'm busing signal from it to an Auxiliary track whose input is set to the same bus. The H9000 appears as an insert on that aux track. I'm able to hear the algorithm auto-panning correcting. Please check to make sure you're sending audio to the appropriate I/O from within your DAW. A good tool to use to make sure signal is being routed properly are the meters on the PARAMETERS tab on Emote. You'll be able to tell if the H9000R is receiving signal from Cubase as well as sending out signal from the effect back into Cubase. Let me know what problems you run into.

sdd17
      Participant

Got it to work with algo 3327!!!

I attached some photos!

ty

Stevie D

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

What was the key?

sdd17
      Participant

actually my photos are to big.

If you give me your email i will send them to you.

sdd17@aol.com

sdd17
      Participant

I never tried the simple panner algo!!

sdd17
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:

Hi Stevie, Software 1.3.0(10) (eab755234) is the firmware on your H9000R. The latest version of Emote is 1.3.0[12], which you can download from the Eventide website, if you haven’t already done so. On a Mac, for example, you can control+click on the application icon and choose “Get Info” to see what version you’re on.

Some indication of how you’re using your H9000R would be helpful. Are you routing signal directly from an audio track or are you using buses and inserts? I checked 3311 and it’s working fine on my end. In my setup, for example, I have a synth on an audio track and I’m busing signal from it to an Auxiliary track whose input is set to the same bus. The H9000 appears as an insert on that aux track. I’m able to hear the algorithm auto-panning correcting. Please check to make sure you’re sending audio to the appropriate I/O from within your DAW. A good tool to use to make sure signal is being routed properly are the meters on the PARAMETERS tab on Emote. You’ll be able to tell if the H9000R is receiving signal from Cubase as well as sending out signal from the effect back into Cubase. Let me know what problems you run into.

I am running the unit fully analog and returning on a console!

So 4 mono sends multed to the analog stereo inputs on the h9000r and 4 separate stereo outs returning to my console!

By the way I pulled up some other stereo effects like a ping pong delay and the stereo movement was working!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

A few more questions:

sdd17 wrote:

I am running the unit fully analog and returning on a console! So 4 mono sends multed to the analog stereo inputs on the h9000r and 4 separate stereo outs returning to my console!

Have you checked that audio is going into the H9000R using the metering? Have you checked if audio is coming out of the H9000R in the same way? if the algorithm is working properly, you should see the meters rise and fall as it auto-pans.

Are you sure all four channels on your console are active?

Quote:
      By the way I pulled up some other stereo effects like a ping pong delay and the stereo movement was working!

Are you recalling these algorithms within the same FX Chain? Are you sure the FX Chain inputs and outputs are routed to the Analog 1-2?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.