h9k failed to connect to emote

Home Forums Products Rackmount h9k failed to connect to emote

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      javartin
      Participant

Hi, lately my h9k failed to connect through wireless to h9k, so I tried to connect h9k through an ethernet cable between h9k and my pc (Win 10), and still could not connect it. I also tried to reinstall emote and reboot h9k and still can’t connect. What else can I do to make it work? Thanks.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry for the issues you are having. Do you have an H9000 or an H9000R?

Can you try reinstalling Bonjour on your Windows machine? The installer can be found here: https://etide.io/DL999

If using and H9000 with the front panel, when you change your network connect from Wi-Fi to ethernet, you must also change this setting on the H9000. Did you do this? You can use the front panel to change the setting, press SETUP and scroll to the bottom of the list for your network settings. Select ethernet when you are connecting the H9000 directly to your computer using the ethernet cable.

You could also try a different ethernet cable, and make sure the LEDs on the H9000’s ethernet port are lit up when connected.

If you have an H9000R, you can follow the instructions to connect wirelessly using the Access Point here: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/2.0/content/emote/getting_started.html#connecting-the-h9000r-to-emote-with-a-wi-fi-connection

javartin
        Participant

Thanks for your reply; after countless try using dongle and failed to connect wirelessly (reinstalled both Bonjour and emote plust rebooting my PC many times too), I bought a long cat.6 cable and connected my H9000 (mine has front face LED screen) using this cable to my local area router, and now the H9K got connected.

I suspected that the problem might be related to the hardware failure of the dongle which came with the H9K, however, when I plugged the dongle directly to the USB port of my computer (windows 10), it shows up in the Device Manager and seems to work……

And I’ve been using H9K for almost 1 year using the dongle and the H9K connected to my PC most of the time without problem. Also I need to have internet connection while using H9K so I don’t want to connect H9K with PC directly (in that case I won’t have internet access).

If not the problem of the dongle, what else could be wrong? Thanks.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

The H9000 has a setting to use either ethernet or Wi-Fi as the network source. If the connection is working for you with ethernet, that means the setting on the H9000 is expecting an ethernet connection, and the Wi-Fi adapter will not work. You’ll need to change this setting to be Wi-Fi for this to work properly, it’s not clear if you have tried this.

Are you using an H9000 or an H9000R?

In my last message I gave you details about how to change the network settings on the H9000, please confirm you are changing the network setting to the appropriate source when you are using ethernet or Wi-Fi.

javartin
      Participant

I am using H9000; I tried to follow the instruction: setup -> network -> choose my local area wifi, and my emote gets connected sometimes, and sometimes fails to connect. Not sure why…… For now I think I would use ethernet cable when fail to connect wirelessly. Thanks for help !

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.