H9K Sync Rate to Midi Clock

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9K Sync Rate to Midi Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      macgee
      Participant

In algorithm “tremolo rack” for example, how do you sync the rate to midi clock?

is it that some algos don’t support sync?

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      macgee wrote:

In algorithm "tremolo rack" for example, how do you sync the rate to midi clock?

is it that some algos don't support sync?

I took a look at that algorithm (3038) and you are correct, it doesn't implement a midiclock input, so it won't sync.  As you probably know, all the algorithms in the H9000 that are numbered less than 9000 come from the H8000FW and previous rack products, and were written by many people over many years, so they aren't very consistent.  It's possible that there's another algorithm that will do what you want.  I expect it wouldn't be too hard to add midiclock to that algorithm either, but I can't promise that at the moment.

macgee
      Participant

Thanks – If you guys add global modifiers (LFO, Evelope Followers, etc..) , I guess we could use that to modulate the necessary parameters to create the effect.

Those global modifiers then could be sync’d to midi clock and be offset – offset is key to setting the phase of the tremelo to start at the right point in the bar).

I guess I could try midi but logic sadly doesn’t give any midi waveforms (maybe a future update) and it’s more convoluted adding other dependencies

Looking forward to the first major update – please bring Ultrashifter or the next evolution of pitch

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        macgee wrote:

Thanks – If you guys add global modifiers (LFO, Evelope Followers, etc..) , I guess we could use that to modulate the necessary parameters to create the effect.

Those global modifiers then could be sync'd to midi clock and be offset – offset is key to setting the phase of the tremelo to start at the right point in the bar).

We've been thinking along these lines but we don't have a firm spec yet for this modulation thing.  Adding an ability to generate a frequency based on the midi clock so you could automate that frequency knob in the tremolo or any other LFO rate input is a neat idea.

macgee wrote:

Looking forward to the first major update – please bring Ultrashifter or the next evolution of pitch

It's on the list but not for the first update – that is mostly to support the H9000/R – but after that, we'll focus on core functionality enhancements, such as new DSP modules and algorithms.

macgee
        Participant
        jbamberg wrote:

It’s on the list but not for the first update – that is mostly to support the H9000/R – but after that, we’ll focus on core functionality enhancements, such as new DSP modules and algorithms.

understood, hoping hotsawz makes it way into that update

ndoe22
        Participant

This suggestion is huge. I would love to see the global modifiers

macgee wrote:

Those global modifiers then could be sync’d to midi clock and be offset – offset is key to setting the phase of the tremelo to start at the right point in the bar).

I guess I could try midi but logic sadly doesn’t give any midi waveforms (maybe a future update) and it’s more convoluted adding other dependencies

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.