Hard to find Compact Flash cards

Home Forums Products Rackmount Hard to find Compact Flash cards

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      randy15788

Lower capacity Compact Flash cards (under 1GB)which are the ones compatible with the Eclipse are becoming scarce. I found this out the hard way even at the large electronic chain store Fry's only had a few of the large size Compact Flash cards and of those they only came in high speed 1GB and 2GB variety. The salesman laughed when I told him I was looking for SanDisk 64MB or 256MB Cards. A friend of mine luckily had a SanDisk 64MB card out of one of his older digital Cameras and it worked fine. They only place I could find these specific cards are on line,but for how long.

Randy

IDeangelis

Randy

capacity has nothing to do with compatibility. We have a list of compatible media on the manual and some are large (IBM). SanDisk has a basic line of CFCards available on line. I'm sure these cards can also be ordered thru retailers.

About capacity:

we usually advice to stay on lower capacities as Eclipse won't really use a lot. A 16MB is more than adequate. Of course, like for any other technology, progress is fast so today capacities are big. That's fine! You can use them…but try to stay on lower speed cards series as many of the ultra fast/extreme cards (good for pro_cameras) may not be compatible. 

If you check this link to SanDisk:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1020)-SanDisk_CompactFlash_Cards.aspx

the SanDisk STANDARD CFCards line is the one you want to look for. It's the one w/the blue label. It comes in different sizes:

256MB/512MB/1GB/2GB/4GB stay on the lowest possible you can find anyway. 

best

randy15788

IDeangelis ;

That makes sense; I was under the impression that the capacity was the issue. Even with that being said the size (Length + width) of the compact flash cards that fit in the Eclipse seem to be on the way out. At least now I know what the problem was and I can load and save presets and updates. Thanks for being tolerant with all the questions and I?m sure I?ll have more in the coming months.

Thx
      Randy

IDeangelis

Randy

not clear what the problem is with the size of the card.

It's a standard size CFC.

???

best

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.