Harmonizer in a 2U rack?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Harmonizer in a 2U rack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jfcharles

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have experience travelling with a H8000FW?

I am planning on investing in a 2U rack like for instance: http://www.marathonpro.com/mama2uefdeca1.html 

Do  you think using the unit in such a 2U rack would be too risky – too hot? Or do you have a H8000 at the top of a rack, that would work just fine?

Thanks for any tips,

Jean-Francois.

IDeangelis

Hi JF

I have travelled several times with my Eventides, both in big racks and 2u rack. Never had a problem. You may want to make sure the rear side of the unit is supported inside of the rack case, especially if you're doing a lot of car travelling (vibrations). In a big rack the H8000 should have an empty space on it to allow air flow.

all the best

I

jfcharles

Thanks for the answer, good to know. Supporting the back of the units seems indeed like a good idea. I travelled by plane with a checked shock-mount rack with an Eclipse inside. The rack case obviously fell or was thrown away, and the eclipse was bent (the front panel was torn), so that the rear end is now 1 or 2 centimeters higher than the front. The unit still works fine, by the way.

If anybody has pointers about "how-to" fix the rear side of an effects unit to a rack case, thanks for sharing! I'm a newbie in rack assembling!

But with an Harmonizer, I would rather have it in a bag with me, betting the airport authorities let me. That's why I'm also studying a possibility with Gator's 2U bags/backpacks/etc.

J-F

IDeangelis

This one seems to have rear support:

http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?Section=Products&Page=Details&CategoryID=4378&CatalogID=9806

Another way to support the rear may be using a case with front and rear screw mounting rails with a shelf mounted on the rear, supporting the rear bottom of the Eventide…..

I

jfcharles

Hi, thanks for the link. Actually, this it the exact model that I have been using! The problem for me is less the case than the unit: it's more about how to attach to the back of the unit – I can't really screw anything in it!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.