Harmonizer Pitch Issue

Home Forums Products Rackmount Harmonizer Pitch Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bomer
      Participant

I'm trying to use the H8000FW to get a diatonic harmony for a lead vocal.  I can get the harmonizer to work but the pitch is too high.  Almost at chipmunk levels.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Other effects (reverb, chorus, delays) work fine with no extreme pitch shift.  The non-diatonic shifts seem to work fine.

I know I'm doing something wrong….what is it?

Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It depends on what presets and settings you are using. All the shifters can shift a few octaves up or down, but they can also be set for little or no shift. So, can't answer without more information.

At the risk of stating the obvious, diatonic shifters require you to tell the unit the key in which you are working. Also, you require a good signal level (several green bars on the meters) to get the best results from the shifters.

bomer
      Participant

Thanks for the info.  I'm trying to use the harmonizer for a country tune and am getting artifacts due to the pitch changes (purposeful)  in the singing.  Maybe the harmonizer works better on pure tones without "pitch bending".

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

bomer:

Maybe the harmonizer works better on pure tones without "pitch bending".

Probably so – the diatonic expects you to sing in key, and shifts within that key. If you bend a note, it will try and shift it to the nearest note in key –  obviously there will be points between notes where it may get confused ..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.