Having trouble with updatingto 5.5 using the Flash Card on H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount Having trouble with updatingto 5.5 using the Flash Card on H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

When inserting the flash card into the H8000FW, should I see the "Busy" light illuminate? If so, I'm not seeing it which would indicate that the lithium battery is dead. If that is the case, I suppose I'll have to send the unit into Eventide to replace the battery so I can do the update given that you cant do serial updates on 5.5. Correct?

Thanks

Eric

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

When the H8000 is running normally you don't always get a reaction from putting the card in. If you hit the PROGRAM key with a card in you should get a flash of the BUSY light as it checks for User progs.

There is no relationship between the card and the Lithium battery – you should only suspect the battery if you regularly get bad checksum messages on powerup.

It is not necessary to send the unit back home to change the battery –  a dealer or technically competent person should be able to do this (if necessary – see above).

Thanks for the response. Let me back up a bit, long story short, my situation is nearly identical to DroolMaster0's from what I can tell. When I put the Compact Flash Card into the H8000 to update from 5.0 to 5.5, with a properly formated card (I've experimented with several brand new cards and adapters) I consistently get stuck on the prompt of "OUPDATE, awaiting contact" with a "restart" and a "done" option. The unit doesn't freeze or anything, I just hit either restart or done so I can start working.

If I understand the directions for 5.5 properly you can only use the CF card to update to 5.5 is that correct?

Thanks

Eric

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Eric Zimmermann:

I consistently get stuck on the prompt of "OUPDATE, awaiting contact"

At this point, you should get a response from inserting the card. I f not, your problem is probably one of (in order):

1) Badly written/formatted card

2) Bad card

3) Bad adaptor

4) H8000 hardware problem

Eric Zimmermann:

If I understand the directions for 5.5 properly you can only use the CF card to update to 5.5 is that correct?

Correct

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.