Having typing keyboard focus issues in Emote with Logic

Home Forums Products Rackmount Having typing keyboard focus issues in Emote with Logic

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by ddv.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      studioj
      Participant

Hi-

I am unable to type text into Emote when working in Logic 10.8.1. For instance when saving a patch etc…

Anyone else?

Perhaps apple has changed something with how text input works and Emote needs to be updated?

Please advise, thank you-

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Also noticed this. Other keyboard functions also seem to stop outside of Emote. While other keyboard functions still work. Its seems to happen after about an hour or so for me. I put this down to Logic. Im on same version.

studioj
      Participant

thanks for the response. yes probably on Logic, but I think NI had to make a change recently as Kontakt  7 was having some key focus issues as well that NI fixed in Kontakt 7.7.2. So I hope eventide can take a look and get in touch with Apple if necessary.

Jago_Marris
        Participant

Im trying to figure out when it goes. It’s not right away. Everything functions. Tried sleeping the machine and then trying, but it still works. It’s intermittent and annoying to pin down for me. Makes its difficult to report if its not easy to recreate.

studioj
      Participant

interesting. it happened to me right away this morning, even after closing and reopening Logic. But just went back to it and it’s working! oy

Jago_Marris
      Participant

OK. If I can pin point it further will post on here. Cheers. Jago

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hi there,

Sorry for the issues you are having, and please let me know if you run into a reliable way to reproduce this. I tested this earlier and found a similar experience that you have reported above. The first time I tried it, I was having issues typing values into Emote. Then it seemed to start working correctly after not changing anything, and after rebooting Logic I could not reproduce the issue.

studioj
      Participant

Hi-

maybe worth looking at this post, they are discussing other plugins that are having key focus issues. Maybe has something to do with how Logic hosts native silicon plugins now and it needs to be accounted for in Emote?

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/topic/152063-logic-pro-1081-update-released/?do=findComment&comment=886933

ddv
      Participant

Sounds very similar to this issue:

https://forum.juce.com/t/bug-m1-apple-silicon-keyboard-focus-lost-permanently-in-logic-when-plugin-is-resized/51292/21

This is reportedly resolved in Sonoma 14.2, however I’m still on Ventura so that doesn’t help me/us.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.