HD8000FW has a converter/

Home Forums Products Rackmount HD8000FW has a converter/

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      tarafran
      Participant

I want to use the HD8000 as a sound card to record a live band in my macbook thru the firewire port.

How many ins can i use at one time ? 

I can input  analog, adat and AES from my preamps ,

Do i need to make a special preset in the HD8000 to route more than 8 inputs thu one firewire ,or is there a limit of 8 ?

Thanks

Francois

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The FireWire will handle 16 channels either way. But, then you have to decide what you are going to do with all these channels. The presets on the H8000 will handle a maximum of 8 channels, but you can route AES and ADAT directly to FireWire without this limitation.

I would suggest that you download the Routing utility to get a feel for the possible combinations.

tarafran
      Participant

I have been messing around the utility , i can route 8 on firewire1 and 8 on firewire2.Do I need 2 firewire connection to use 16 ins ?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

tarafran:

Do I need 2 firewire connection to use 16 ins ?

No – a single connection supports 16 channels (FireWire  1 and 2).

tarafran
      Participant

that's great news thanks Nick, do you know if i can use it with protool 9 ?,in my Mac Audio  preference  the HD8000Fw  shows as a Dice component  not a firewire as the manual describes.

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's too early yet  for us to have had any experience with Protools 9, but if you can access the Dice component it sounds encouraging.

tarafran
      Participant

Ok so far so good ,I was able to create an aggregate driver for protools 9 with 18 in/outs

So far I recorded a stereo channel thru firewire(AN1&2inputs)and monitoring thu my Macbook speakers

Thanks again Nick

zap
      Participant

That is the "HD" 8000?   I thought it was called tjust "H" 8000.

Also, can the unit be used to monitor as converters on the way out?  So meaning optical out from my crappy m-audio project mix to use the 8000 as a converter for the Way out too (D  back to A for the monitors).

Can the 7600 be used like this too? 

And I noticed that the 7600 does not have sample demos.   But does it have those same effects as on the 8000 "hear it" page where that guys voice sounds like a monster in some presets (especially the second last preset).

I was told to buy a 7600 since i am only using two channel at  a time but i just realized i might need an 8000 because one or two channels might have to be used for the vocalist live…. but how would this work as stereo for him if he only has one microphone? 

far too many questions left for me.

zap
      Participant

Ok there is no edit post feature.

***I meant: "What is the HD….? I thought it was just "H"

***I also meant (2 additional channels on top of my guitar's 2 – for the vocal guy so – 4 channels for live)

tarafran
      Participant

You're right H not Hd ,As far as monitoring you could patch the signal(inside the H8000FW) thru your analog out.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.