Headphone output on the H8000Fw?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Headphone output on the H8000Fw?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      akjl4

Hello again, I want to thank IDeangelis for helping me get my system synced, it now runs perfectly with no pops just sweet pure sound!

But I have another question to add to the forums. I am doing some vocals and I would like to hear the vocals through headphones so I can control my voice better.Is there a way to set the outputs to work as a headphone output? I bought a phone to 1/8 in stereo plug but either did not route it right or it does not work?

IDeangelis

Glad you are up & running!

You can't use the H8000FW outputs to run a headphone. Use your mixer for that.

all the best

akjl4

I have been trying to use my sound card output for listening to vocals through headphones I am hearing some latency even with my buffer at 128 which makes my system hiccup sometimes.
      I was wondering is there any good little mixers you would recommend, I could hook up for latency free monitoring with the h8000?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You will not get any true latency-free operations where a computer is involved.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you could make up an XLR to 1/4" adaptor and drive the headphones from the back of the unit. This will work best with high impedance phones, but will drive regular phones at a modest volume. The output will distort if you push it too far. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.