Help Please. How to connect H3000b to Marshall dsl 100 1/2 stack??

Home Forums Products Rackmount Help Please. How to connect H3000b to Marshall dsl 100 1/2 stack??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      titus

Hello all,

I have recently aquired a H3000b and i'm wondering if i'm connecting it to my amp correctly. Should i be using XLR y cables so that both left and right outputs on the eventide are feeding into the effects loop (1/4' jack)? or do i just use one of the outputs? Why are there two outputs/inputs on the eventide?

Currently i'm just using one of the outputs and one of the inputs and ive noticed only one of the signal level clipping bars is illuminating- perhaps because of how i've connected it? should not both light up?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

jfcharles

Check the manual. I'm not sure about the H3000b, but I guess the inputs and outputs are balanced (symmetrical), line level. One XLR is mono & balanced.

titus

I have followed what the manual states and you are correct about the balance of both ports however, can i connect it with a XLR y cable so that both outputs and both inputs are occupied?

The reason behind me asking is that i am only able to perhaps obtain half strength pitch shifting qualities (am i not?) if i use only one output and one input. FOr example when i tweak Right side parameter there is no change but there is when i tweak the left. AM i using this function correctly, i think i'm not due to how i've connected it to my amp  ie; the one input/output line.

sshogrin
      Participant

I'm not familiar with the H3000 series, but like the other harmonizers, these are stereo effects so channel 1 would be left and channel 2 would be right. That being said, on my Eclipse you can go into the Levels settings and choose between Stereo and Mono input and output, also in that group of settings you can set the input and output levels to match the levels of the effects loop you are using. If you notice that when you switch you fx loop on (on clean channel) the H3000 sounds "dirty" or distorted, adjust your in/out levels down (you need to match the fx loop of the amp head or what ever device your are looping this with).

sshogrin
      Participant

The H3000 is a stereo effect like the other harmonizers. Channel 1 is left and channel 2 is right side (normally). As I'm not familiar with the setup of the H3000, on my Eclipse you go into the Levels setting parameters and can change the input/output type from Stereo to Mono. You also are able to change the in/out dB levels to match the device you are looping with. Since you're utilizing a mono loop, you need to set your H3000 up to run Mono. You may also need to adjust the in/out levels to match your Marshall's fx loop. If it sounds distorted (when you're on a clean channel), turn your levels down on the H3000 (on my Eclipse I have it set to -20dB on the input side and 0dB on the output). I should let you know that I'm running my Eclipse in a rack that's "looped" with a guitar preamp that has a stereo fx loop, so I'm running mine in stereo mode, and I'm matching the signal level of the preamp I'm utilizing. The reason you only have one side of the signal bars lighting up is that since the unit is in stereo mode, it's only seeing that one channel, thus it's only signaling that one channel. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.