I need help with a basic setup

Home Forums Products Rackmount I need help with a basic setup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      zambiland
      Participant

Hi all,

I feel a bit like an idiot. I've worked with digital gear for a long time as well as computers, so I have a lot of experience with MIDI, routing effects, continuous controllers, program change signals, etc. I rarely have issues as basic as this, but I am trying to use an Eclipse with a Lexicon R1 (since my MPXG2 died I replaced it with the Eclipse) and it has me stumped. The units speak to each other and I can get the patches to change, but what I can't get to work are the bypass controls. The R1 has global bypass set to be CC82 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to assign that to the bypass in the Eclipse. It seems like I can do it with program change, but not with continuous controller info. I'd also like to map CC77 and CC78 to FXA and FXB bypass respectively. 

Somehow I feel like I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, so if someone could just walk me through it, I'd be very grateful. I've been wanting use the Eclipse in my live bass rig, and this is the first step to get it under control. Tap Tempo will be next!

TIA.

achaput

Hello,

To assign Bypass to be controlled by a MIDI command, press the Setup button three times and then press the EXTERNAL soft key.

Now press the Setup button five times and you will see a BYPASS softkey. Press this and you can choose an External to activate Bypass.

Now go to that External and assign it to whatever MIDI command you want!

Alan

zambiland
      Participant

Thanks! I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.