I/O Diagnostic mode?

Home Forums Products Rackmount I/O Diagnostic mode?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

I haven't seen one, but I'm having issues with what could be an unstable clock in my Roland VS2400 or my Eclipse. When connecting optical out of the VS to my Eclipse, I have to engage the Eclipse's SRC. Otherwise, the status shows as "drifting". But if I connect my Eclipse's optical out to the optical in of the VS2400, the VS keeps frequently (and not always immediately) stating "digital in UNLOCK". I'm guessing at this point it must be the VS2400 that has a dodgy internal clock.  Just to put my mind at ease, is there a diagnostic on the Eclipse that tells me whether the optical i/o is working properly? I've only seen this kinda thing on a TC Electronic Finalizer.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Just a wild guess – are you setting the clock source of the Eclipse to "DigIn" ? The "slipping" indication usually only occurs when the clock source is set to something other than the digital input.

Similarly, if the Eclipse's clock source is not set correctly, its clock will be wobbly, making it hard for something connected to its output to lock properly.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Although the source and destination are 44.1k, the Eclipse needed setting to Digin44100hz. Sorted now.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It needs to be actually set, because the clocks will not be quite the same – if you have one 44.1 and another 44.1, there will be enough of a difference to get the dread "slipping."

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.