In/out routing option in options

Home Forums Products Rackmount In/out routing option in options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ndoe22
      Participant

I’m really loving the H9K. One thing I was thinking about is most people will set this up in the studio or on a recording rig or whatever. Meaning most people won’t have a lot of changing the i/o once setup.

When changing chains it would be nice to have an option in the preferences to “lock” the in/out setup i.e. (analog,usb,Adam) so I don’t have to keep changing the available connections if I browse a different chain.

I understand that the routing in and out of the chains is different per chain but I’m sure there could be a logic function written to just pass unused connections to direct out or some thing like that. Then the user might have to change the routing I/o of the chains but still would be a time saver.

It would make browsing and changing faster without having keep redoing the in/outs.

Hope this makes sense

Spindrift
      Participant
      ndoe22 wrote:
      I’m really loving the H9K. One thing I was thinking about is most people will set this up in the studio or on a recording rig or whatever. Meaning most people won’t have a lot of changing the i/o once setup.

When changing chains it would be nice to have an option in the preferences to “lock” the in/out setup i.e. (analog,usb,Adam) so I don’t have to keep changing the available connections if I browse a different chain.

I understand that the routing in and out of the chains is different per chain but I’m sure there could be a logic function written to just pass unused connections to direct out or some thing like that. Then the user might have to change the routing I/o of the chains but still would be a time saver.

It would make browsing and changing faster without having keep redoing the in/outs.

Hope this makes sense

THIS ^^^^^ absolutely. I recall a master setting in the H8K where you could set all the inputs/outputs to be analog or Stereo AES A-B etc. A setting like this is essential for me in a studio setting. Maybe I’ve overlooked it in my H9000?

ndoe22
      Participant

I haven’t found a default setting in the preferences to do this. Maybe it will come with an update.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        ndoe22 wrote:
        I haven’t found a default setting in the preferences to do this. Maybe it will come with an update.

We are considering adding something like this in a future update – perhaps a "global IO" that isn't saved in the session, so if you have "global IO" assigned to your inputs and outputs, you can change session without affecting the routing.

Racerx1492
        Participant

This is important to have.

G

jbamberg wrote:

ndoe22 wrote:

We are considering adding something like this in a future update – perhaps a “global IO” that isn’t saved in the session, so if you have “global IO” assigned to your inputs and outputs, you can change session without affecting the routing.

FrauHolle

I just tried to find out what you could mean but don’t see anything to fault.

It takes a few seconds only to arrange a FX Chain. That’s the biggest advantage at all that the structure of the software is carefully considered and user-friendly (it could’nt be better imo). After the connectors are assigned to the FX chain it’s possible to brows through the presets – without the connectors will be changed each time.

ndoe22
      Participant

Yes I think for most people in a studio or environment where the I/O doesn’t change this would be a huge workflow improvement.

I’d look forward to it.

phillabaum
      Participant

A global I/O would be a great timesaver for me as well. It would hugely speed up my ability to audition presets. It’s currently quite frustratingly cumbersome.

The addition of the ability to sum ALL 4 of the FX chain outputs to the same stereo output is also badly needed. I can rarely afford to tie up 8 channels of my mixer just for one H9000. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.