Info on HDX Link????????????????

Home Forums Products Rackmount Info on HDX Link????????????????

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      vaultstudio

Where’s the info on the Eventide HDX Link……??????

What are the benefits of the HDX link compared to Dante?

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      vaultstudio wrote:

Where's the info on the Eventide HDX Link……??????

What are the benefits of the HDX link compared to Dante?

The product is under development so we don't have any formal documentation yet.

The card will have two Digilink ports and Loop sync.

The benefits are that if you already have a ProTools HD setup, it will allow you to use an H9000 connected directly to your computer via a digilink connector, instead of using external digital IO like ADAT or AES.  You will be able to route 32 channels of IO to the H9000 in ProTools, or you can use 16 channels of IO and connect the second digilink port to another piece of HD hardware.

If you have an existing or planned Dante network and you are getting audio into and out of your computer using a Dante PCIe interface or (software) virtual sound card, then the H9000 Dante card will be a more flexible choice, since you can do arbitrary routing in your Dante network using the Dante Controller application.

vaultstudio

How about a release date?

vaultstudio

Testing one, two, three….what is the status on the HDX Link Eventide marketing has been pushing?

vaultstudio

Can you tell me if when using the HDX link connected to Protools I could use the H9000 A/D D/A’s like an interface?

vaultstudio

Now that the HDX link has been released can it be used like an interface with Pro-Tools.

rskaudio
      Participant

Yep it shows up in the I/O setup and I just use it as inserts on Aux Sends.

I’ve been running it in Loop Sync since I have three other Avid interfaces and that’s been stable.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      vaultstudio wrote:

Testing one, two, three….what is the status on the HDX Link Eventide marketing has been pushing?

It's currently in (small scale) beta.  We should ship by end of Q2.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      vaultstudio wrote:

Can you tell me if when using the HDX link connected to Protools I could use the H9000 A/D D/A's like an interface?

This should be possible, given that the H9000 allows you to connect any of its I/O endpoints to any other using Direct IO. We just need to confirm it'll work on the ProTools side.

(Note that you currently can't mix or adjust gain for these kinds of connections, but this is coming in a future release).

hemlocxl
      Participant
      vaultstudio wrote:

Now that the HDX link has been released can it be used like an interface with Pro-Tools.

I ordered one from Sweetwater the other day(apparently, I’m the 2nd to order one, ha!).  It appears that it will simply operate like any other Avid HD I/O via Digilink.  I have an HDX2 setup and the first card has both Digilink ports being used by my MTRX Studio, with both Digilink ports on the 2nd card free.  I’m hoping it’s as simple as plugging the Digilink from the PT HD Expansion card into the primary port on my second HDX card.  I guess I will also use the Loop Sync to connect MTRX Studio to the PT HD Expansion card, but not sure if it’s completely necessary, since I have the word clock already connected from the MTRX Studio to my H9000R (Where it terminates.  Kudos to Eventide for including the terminator, btw!).  

hemlocxl
      Participant
      vaultstudio wrote:

I saw a release date for next week on the Pro Tools expansion card, but just got word from Sweetwater that they shipped mine out today☺️!  Should have it soon, so I’ll let ya know how it goes! 

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      hemlocxl wrote:

I ordered one from Sweetwater the other day(apparently, I'm the 2nd to order one, ha!).  It appears that it will simply operate like any other Avid HD I/O via Digilink.  I have an HDX2 setup and the first card has both Digilink ports being used by my MTRX Studio, with both Digilink ports on the 2nd card free.  I'm hoping it's as simple as plugging the Digilink from the PT HD Expansion card into the primary port on my second HDX card.  I guess I will also use the Loop Sync to connect MTRX Studio to the PT HD Expansion card, but not sure if it's completely necessary, since I have the word clock already connected from the MTRX Studio to my H9000R (Where it terminates.  Kudos to Eventide for including the terminator, btw!).  

I think the setup you suggest should be fine.

If you're using a central word clock connected to both the MTRX and H9000R, you shouldn't need to connect the loop sync.

hemlocxl
      Participant
      rskaudio wrote:

I’ve been running it in Loop Sync since I have three other Avid interfaces and that’s been stable.

Your lucky.  I can’t even get my unit into recovery mode.  Literally on my 28th attempt tonight.  Sending all this junk back to the vendor tomorrow.  Should never have been released, in my opinion

hemlocxl
      Participant
      rskaudio wrote:

Ha!!! I should’ve went back to this thread the other day.  I traded my H9000R and Dante card in for a standard H9000 (Kept the PT card).  Updated the firmware and software easily, then started playing with it and was trying to wrap my head around the way it works in PT.  Then the next day it hit me like a ton of bricks. Did just what you said and now it works great!  Definitely glad I “upgraded”, lol!  

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.