initializing the Dante card without having to connect it to a LAN

Home Forums Products Rackmount initializing the Dante card without having to connect it to a LAN

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      John Baylies
      Participant

I’ve set up my Dante card to route audio from 1 in to 1 out, 2 in to 2 out, 3 in to 3 out, etc., so that I can route audio from one FX chain to the next, and it works well except that it won’t ‘initialize’ until after I plug the Dante card into my LAN via Ethernet. Every time I restart the H9KR I have to plug the Dante card into my LAN to get it going. It doesn’t have to stay plugged in afterwards, and my computer doesn’t have to be connected to it either. Any pointers on how to have the Dante card initialize when the H9KR boots up? 

John Baylies
      Participant

I skimmed through the Dante Controller User Guide and it doesn’t seem to be possible to ‘initialize’ a single Dante card without connecting it to a LAN. So I learned how to set up a Virtual Local Area Network on my 2012 Macbook Pro and now I can initialize the Dante card by plugging it into my MBP’s VLAN after the H9KR boots. That will save me from having to bring a LAN with me like I did last week. Let me know if there’s a better way!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.