Input Volume + Midi out notes.

Home Forums Products Rackmount Input Volume + Midi out notes.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tomerttb

Hi Guys I have 2 questions regarding the Eventide H8000FW.

1) I am using an external Synth (Virus TI2), connecting using unbalanced mono cables from the synth to the analog Eventide inputs 3 + 4 (1/4 inch plug), the synth volume is all the way up.

the Eventide metering on the input shows at max about -12.

Is that ok ?

2) I connected a MIDI cable from Eventide Midi Out to an external device (Creamware Pulsar Card), I open a Midi channel inside Cubase5.5 and choose on the output "Eventide Dice"

When i play my keyboard i can see that the "Busy" light on the Eventide is working so the Eventide receives the signal but I cant get any Midi signal on the Creamware card.

Any Idea why the eventide is not sending any notes ?

Thank you very much

Tomer.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Tomerttb:

Is that ok ?

Probably. You could adjust the "PreA/D Gain" to increase it a bit. (UM p.73).

Tomerttb:

Any Idea why the eventide is not sending any notes ?

I have a pretty good idea. The "Eventide Dice" (FireWire MIDI in this case) is an input to the unit, not a source for the MIDI out connector The MIDI outs are only used when the H8000 itself generates MIDI.

Tomerttb

Thank you Ni

1 – Understand and work perfectly.

2 – I understand, do you think I can use the through ? sending the Midi notes on the FW to the unit, and let them continue to the next hardware using the through ?

Thank you Tomer.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry. The FireWire MIDI and the DIN5 MIDI are entirely separate, so you can't use the unit as a FireWire MIDI interface for external equipment.

Tomerttb

Thank you

Tomer.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.