Inputs on the H8000 Question

Home Forums Products Rackmount Inputs on the H8000 Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      akjl4

Ok I am going into the analog 1 input with my compressor and pre and then to my daw via firewire. My problem is that when I load a patch on the eventide, I hear the patch obviously but only one output when most patches have at least two outputs. I could route the vocals to a couple busses and route audio to the eventide with the i/o plug and the problem would be solved accept that vocals are still being effected on the way in through the analog 1 input and also after being routed with the i/o plugin. Is there any way around this? Like maybe a way to go through the analog 1 input without the patch effecting it then add the processing with the i/o plug ?

I know theres a way to route vocals through multiple ins and outs.

Any suggestions?

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Open the patch you are using with the VSig editor and make changes to it, for instance you can disable the first input coming from the AD converter. You will probably need to make changes to the first output, something like a mixer maybe.

Regards,
      Yannis

akjl4

I'm on macintosh, cant vsig on mac can you? I was thinking maybe a mixer and send the vocals to four inputs of h8000 simulaneously.

IDeangelis

Sorry, I don't understand.

Maybe you could simply try to route analog input 1 to DSP A (or B) inputs 1 AND 2. This will give you a stereo output from a mono signal. Is the question about this?

I

IDeangelis

Hi

please use the correct subjest for postings or start a new one. This is very useful for future reference of the whole forums community.

If you have an Intel Mac you can install Windows (either using Bootcamp or a virtualization software) or use vSigX for Mac, from third parties:

http://www.wholecheese.com/vsigx/vsigx.html

On a PPC Mac you can use vSigX or Virtual PC+ Windows Vsig.

Regarding the question you were thinking about….more details?

best

I

akjl4

Yes that what I am trying to do make a stereo signal out of a mono, is it also possible to route analog 1 to dsp A inputs 1,2,3 and 4, making use of the multiple input patches?

I am also using some plugins once I get the signal to my computer and am trying to figure out a way to get the plugins to be first in the signal chain and then route them through the eventide. With the method above it is eventide first then all I can do is apply the plugins after.

Thanks, I really appreciate the help! I love my H8000

IDeangelis

You can route any input to as many DSPS inputs as yo like. The routing capabilities of the unit is one of its great features.

best

I

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.