Installation nightmare – SplitEQ

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Installation nightmare – SplitEQ

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      zekmoe
      Participant

Purchased the software, downloaded it, received the keys via email, have a working new ILok that holds other plugin license. But this doesn’t work during the validation state in Logic. It takes me to “You don’t have any activations” screen in iLok. How do I get this to accept the purchased license? I don’t want to struggle to get a simple plug in working.

Bob

zekmoe
      Participant

Also though registration seems to have been confirmed, it does not show up under my account for registered plugins.

aklisiewicz
      Participant

I agree, this product installation is a nightmare !

It took me 3 days to figure out what the procedure is because no one has pointed me to the installation document (video). Finally, I have seen it and the way it is done is quite unusual, hence it is still not working right for many.

In my case I can see my license installed and activated ( IT TOOK ME 3 DAYS TO GET TO THIS STAGE) but I do not see the plugin on the list.

Installation program i total crap because it  asks to install folder for VST2 but not VST3  (although at the beginning it allows to check. uncheck VST2/3.
      I have no idea where my files go and what their names are.

I scanned the VST’s in LIVE11 and I do not see it. I don’t even know what the name of the plugin I am looking for. Obviously nothing shows up under SplitEQ or Eventide.  I have sent 2 Emails through support and 3 days later no reply, nothing,…

That is not definitely a good start with this vendor 🙁

athmos
      Participant

same issue here!!! Support is not reacting at ALL!!!! Split EQ does not show up in iLok or Logix or anywhere else…..

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry for your issue. I just looked up your account and your SplitEQ license has not been activated on your iLok account. Please follow the instructions for “Activating your Plug-in” here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/installing-and-authorizing-plug-ins/

If you are not seeing the license in your iLok License Manager, you may have registered the plug-in to the incorrect iLok account. If that’s the case, support can help you get this sorted, and someone will respond to your request today.

zekmoe
      Participant

Still nothing from support. I’m going to have to contact my credit card company and report a scam I think.

aklisiewicz
      Participant

I went through installation document and found the video on Eventide Site. This video shows that the VST must be activated from the iLOCK. iLOCK itself sucks because I have another plugin to activate and it asks me for a USB dongle. SplitEQ seem to get activated OK, but it still doesn’t work.  iLOCK website provides no support of any kind. When I opened the VSTw folders I can see not SplitEW.dll but have no idea why my Ableton Live11 is not seeing it. While installing there was also a checkbox to install VST3 but no option to select a folder, so I have no idea if VST3 got installed or not and into what folder (if so).
      I just wonder how those few people who posted YT videos about this plugin got it installed and working ?  Perhaps something got screwed in the plugin in the meaning as it was modified, recompiled etc.  Installers definitely sucks and no by seeing other having same issues I tend to think that this was my first and last ever product form EVENTIDE. I understand there are bugs in the software and we humans (developers) make mistakes, but I do not understand that Customer Support have not replied to my Email in 3 days and no help on the Forum as well.

I really wanted to like this product.  If anybody has a solution, please post it here.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry for your issue. I just looked up your Eventide and iLok account and everything appears to be in order. This may just require a deep rescan of your plug-in in Ableton:

Live 9 and below:
        Go to Preferences->File Folder and Option/Alt-click “Rescan Plug-ins” to force a deep rescan.
        Live 10+:

Go to Preferences->Plug-ins and Option/Alt-click “Rescan” to force a deep rescan.

If that doesn’t work, someone will be responding to your support request today with further troubleshooting steps.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Still nothing from support. I’m going to have to contact my credit card company and report a scam I think.

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, our office was closed for the holiday weekend.

I just looked up your account and your SplitEQ license has not been activated on your iLok account. Please follow the instructions for “Activating your Plug-in” here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/installing-and-authorizing-plug-ins/

If you are not seeing the license in your iLok License Manager, you may have registered the plug-in to the incorrect iLok account. If that’s the case, support can help you get this sorted, and someone will respond to your request today.

zekmoe
      Participant

tbskoglund, I have no idea about abelton as I use Logic Pro on a Mac. I will check the link later today but it seems odd other plug-ins purchased the same day registered correctly.

bob

aklisiewicz
      Participant

I exactly have the same problem. I purchased other plugins and was able to activate them and register and use, but not SpliyEQ.  I have scanned VST several times, I see the FLL file but it does not show up on the plugin list in Ableton. It seems that the problem is global as others report this same issues in other DAWs.
      iLOCK shows this plugin is activated.

BTW. excuses of being out of office are unacceptable – as this is the busiest time of the year you should be able to respond at least in 24 hrs (as others do), or I should perhaps close your business if you prefer to spend time at home enjoying other things.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Have you tried the deep rescan that I suggested in my last response? This is not that same as simply clicking rescan in Ableton, the deep scan fixes this issue in many cases:

Live 9 and below:
        Go to Preferences->File Folder and Option/Alt-click “Rescan Plug-ins” to force a deep rescan.
        Live 10+:

Go to Preferences->Plug-ins and Option/Alt-click “Rescan” to force a deep rescan.

aklisiewicz
      Participant

I use Ableton LIVE v11.
      I am not aware of anything called “Deep Rescan”. There is only one option in the setting to SCAN.

zekmoe
      Participant

They (support Jerome) sent me an email basically pointing me to the same exact page I tell them is not working. The SN’s they sent when entered say Already Registered, but when I click on “show registered plug ins” nothing happens. Total rip off IMHO. I sent screen shots of the error message. They ignored it.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

I just looked up your account information. You entered incorrect information when you registered your product, that is why it is showing up as already registered and you are not seeing in your iLok account. I have corrected this for you, so you should now see the license in your iLok account. You must now now activate the license using the iLok License Manager and run the installer. Let me know if you have any issues.

athmos
        Participant

maybe you can help me out with the same issue? that would be awesome… cheers

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You’re all set, the license has been deposited to the correct iLok account. You’ll just need to activate the license and run the installer.

zekmoe
      Participant

Thanks all set.

Abalia
      Participant

hi guys i just paid for the splitEQ and it didnt send me any mail of confirmation

can someone tell me what happend

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry for this inconvenience. If you have still not received any confirmation or plug-in activation instructions, please email support@eventide.com with your full name, email address, and a screenshot of your receipt if you are able to provide that.

jetthitt
      Participant

This installation has been the worst I have ever encountered. Wow. I can see the plugin SP2016 in my iLok Manager, and one of two installations is used. But when I open Logic, it tells me that I need to activate it. When I click activate, it tells me that I don’t have any pending license and I need to authorize the software. It says to plug in an iLok with an activated license, but my iLok is plugged in, and Logic has no difficulty recognizing the other licenses on it. I have never had trouble like this before.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Hello,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps, and if you are still having issues email support@eventide.com and reference this post.

Confirm you have the latest version of your plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
        Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed (www.ilok.com).
        Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.
        Close your DAW, and delete the following files:AAX: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins/Eventide/<plugin name>.aaxplugin
        VST: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Eventide/<plugin name>.vst
        AU: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/<plugin name>.component
        Presets and Docs: ~/Music/Eventide/<Plugin Name>/ (whole folder)
        Open your DAW and rescan your plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
        Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.
        Reinstall your plug-in
        Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.
        AudioUnit only: If still not showing, some macOSes occasionally require a restart for Audio plugins to correctly scan.

Logic:
        Plug-in not showing up after above steps:

Launch Logic Pro X
        Go to Preferences->Plug-in Manager and select “Reset and Rescan Selection”
        If the plugin fails validation, then copy the output of the white window, and send it to us
        If the plugin passes validation but still does not show in the Insert menus, try the following steps:Close Logic Pro X
        Make sure Finder is the active application
        While holding the Option key, click on the Go menu at the top of your screen and select Library
        Delete the following files from your User Library, if they are present:
        ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
        ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/
        ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist
        ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.SandboxHelper.plist
        Then, open a Terminal window (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal), and enter the following commands (type each command and press “Enter” afterwards)killall -9 cfprefsd
        killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar
        Restart your computer
        Restart Logic Pro X
        Plug-in not passing validation:

Launch Logic Pro X
        Go to Preferences->Plug-in Manager, and check if the plug-in is listed
        Highlight the plug-in and select “Reset and Rescan Selection”
        If validation fails, copy the output of the white window, and send it to us

jetthitt
      Participant

Update: I finally got it installed. The problem was that they have the wrong file linked in the email they sent out. I went to the website and downloaded again from the downloads page, and it was a different number: 1.5.9 but what I originally installed had the number 3.7.8  One of them is a Stereo Room, the other is Reverb. Now I am wondering if I even bought the right product.

jetthitt
      Participant

Edit: Maybe I simply downloaded the wrong thing to begin with. It is very confusing. When I open the plugin (and in all the videos I watched about it before buying it), it has Stereo Room in big bold red letters. So why is there a different plugin called 2016 Stereo Room?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry for the confusion. “Stereo Room” is an algorithm from the original SP2016 processor. By default, the SP2016 Reverb plug-in uses the Stereo Room algorithm, that is why “Stereo Room” is displayed at the top of the screen. If you click on “Program” and change the algorithm, the display will change.

2016 Stereo Room is an older version of this plug-in which was replaced with the SP2016 Reverb plug-in that you purchased.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

To any other customers that are experiencing installation issues, please contact support@eventide.com with your iLok username, serial number, and license key and we’ll get you sorted there.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Installation nightmare – SplitEQ’ is closed to new replies.