Before you begin you will need:
1. Serial Number & License Key
The Serial Number will be two letters followed by 6 numbers (i.e SR-######). The License Key will be 3 sets of 4 characters, a letter or a number, each; like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.
Received a free plug-in? Ownership (and upgrade eligibility) is verified via iLok.
2. Eventide Account
If you don’t have an Eventide account, Click here to Register.
Registering Your Plug-in with Eventide
Activating Your Plug-in
- Find your plug-in license in the iLok License Manager and activate it on your computer.
- Download the plug-in installer and run it on the same computer as your DAW and iLok License Manager.
- Launch your DAW. If you do not see the plug-in, you may need to configure your DAW and rescan.
- Please note Elevate, Punctuate, Saturate, Generate and EQuivocate will appear in your DAW in the Newfangled Audio folder.
What if the plug-in doesn’t show in my DAW?
If you have installed and authorized your plug-in and it still doesn’t show up in your DAW, try the following:
Mac OS X
Simply go to your DAW’s preferences and rescan your plug-in. Note that Eventide no longer supports 32-bit plugins.
It is possible that you need to add the following paths to your DAW’s list of VST folders. Open your DAW’s VST Preferences and add the applicable folder:
Windows 32-bit OS
32-bit DAW: C:Program Files/Common Files/Steinberg/VST2
Windows 64-bit OS
32-bit DAW: C:Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Steinberg/VST2
64-bit DAW: C:Program Files/Common Files/Steinberg/VST2
After doing this, perform a plug-in rescan in your DAW. Note that the following DAWs sometimes require additional steps:
- In the VST preferences, and make sure “Scan at Startup” is checked.
- Also click “Reset Blacklist” in the VST preferences, and then restart Studio One.
- Go to Devices->Plug-in Manager and click Plug-in Manager->Rescan all. Occasionally Cubase needs to be forced to rescan the plug-in folder.
When I register my plugin I get an “Invalid Serial Number” error. Why is this?
There are several reasons you may see this error, but a common one is a mismatch of the serial number format. All Eventide plug-ins have a serial number in the form of XX-###### where XX represents a two-letter sequence defining the product type and ###### is a 6 digit number. All plugins also have a 16 digit license key in the format ****-****-****-**** where each * can be either a letter or number. The license key is entered on the second page of the registration process.
If you believe your serial number and license key are entered correctly, please contact our Support department and we will solve the problem as quickly as possible.
If you accidentally unregistered your plug-in, the only way to re-register would be to submit a support ticket.
Uninstalling Your Plug-in
Locate the uninstaller at: Start Menu->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Uninstall a Program
Locate the uninstaller at: /Applications/Eventide/Uninstallers/