Internal Memory Checksum Error

Home Forums Products Rackmount Internal Memory Checksum Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

Hi,

Every time I power on my Eclipse I get the internal memory checksum error message. I consulted the manual, so I see that it's not a particularly fun error to come across.

I downloaded and reinstalled the latest software, just to see if that might help. It didn't. Should I follow the advice in the manual and choose UTILITY <FIX> <YES> and see what happens? Or should I just send a message to support and see if I should send the unit in?

Thanks,

Jeff

2oldman

Hi.. I just went thru this. 

I tried all the Startup sequences recommended in the manual but nothing worked.   At the direction of support I removed the cover (4 side screws and 6 top ones) and merely wiggled the battery a bit.  That's it.

good luck 

jcshirke
      Participant

Thank you, 2oldman! I shall give it a shot in the morning. I really hope that's all that's going on, too. I wondered if maybe it just needed a new battery? I don't know why that particular thought occurred to me earlier, but it did. Hmmm…could be a sign? lol

Jeff

jcshirke
      Participant

Oh…I almost forgot.

If the problem returns, will you try to remember to post again here? I'll assume by your future silence that all is well.

Thanks!

jcshirke
      Participant

Well, I couldn't help myself. I just tried the battery wiggle trick. It didn't work. I took the battery out, dusted it off, and put it back in. But, no dice.

However, the Utility/Setup/Fix/"Yes" (clear internal RAM) trick did work–or so it seems. I'm no longer getting the IMCE message on startup. But does that really mean that I took care of the underlying problem–as the manual warns?

What's the next step? Wait and see if the error message returns? Forget about it (as the manual clearly warns against)? Send it to the fine folks at Eventide?

Thanks,

Jeff

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If the error comes back you will need to change the battery. They don't last forever.

If the battery has to be replaced more than every few years, it would be a sign of a hardware problem and you should contact Eventide.

2oldman

Do you have a voltmeter?  The voltage stamped on the + side of mine is 3v.  Mine tested at 3.35, which is just fine.  I would likely be replacing it at close to 3v, and definitely anything under that value.  I'm sure an Eventide tech would know the tolerance.

You don't have to remove it to check it with a vom.  Put the + vom probe wire on the top of the battery and the – on any metal frame part (NOT the circuit board!!!)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Our techs say it should be good down to about 2.5V. You might want to change it before it reaches that point …

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.