iPad Bluetooth pairing unsuccessful

Home Forums Products Stompboxes iPad Bluetooth pairing unsuccessful

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      thefollower
      Participant

I have long used my Ipad Air 2 to manage my two H9 pedals. Until recently. Presently neither my Ipad not my Iphone will connect to the pedals. The only thing which has changed recently is IOS.  Just today I bumped up to 12.1 and still no luck.  Anyone have ideas on where to go with this.

Stephen

Send2george2
      thefollower wrote:

I have long used my Ipad Air 2 to manage my two H9 pedals. Until recently. Presently neither my Ipad not my Iphone will connect to the pedals. The only thing which has changed recently is IOS.  Just today I bumped up to 12.1 and still no luck.  Anyone have ideas on where to go with this.

Stephen

Interesting. See my very similar post. Eventually got there last night with both h9’s on iPad Air after a lot of fails.

Not too confident that it will pair when I try tonight either.

gkellum
      Participant
      thefollower wrote:

The H9 Control manual has some trouble shooting tips on these sorts of connectivity problems.  You can find it in the app by clicking on the Settings button in the bottom menubar and going to Help.  Alternatively you can also read it online: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual

Send2george2

I’ve had some success my following another posters workaround. This involves connecting to the first h9 then before h9 control pop up click on the second h9.

When h9 control opens both h9’s are connected.

It’s a first gen iPad Air I’m using and as support suggest there may be issues with those particular devices.

thefollower
      Participant

Still no luck with my Ipad Air 2 and the current IOS version.  H9s are upgraded as well.

thefollower
      Participant

It is now 2019 and I still canNOT connect to either of my H9s with iOS.  I downgraded one device to 5.4.0 and no luck.  The other device is 5.6.0.  Some times it will ask for the Bluetooth PIN, many times it simply says, “pairing unsuccessful”.  I have attempted connection with 1 iPad Air 2 (12.1.1) and two different iPhones 6s (12.1.2).  This has really impacted my playing as I don’t always have a laptop with me at a gig.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        thefollower wrote:

It is now 2019 and I still canNOT connect to either of my H9s with iOS.  I downgraded one device to 5.4.0 and no luck.  The other device is 5.6.0.  Sometimes it will ask for the Bluetooth PIN, many times it simply says, "pairing unsuccessful".  I have attempted connection with 1 iPad Air 2 (12.1.1) and two different iPhones 6s (12.1.2).  This has really impacted my playing as I don't always have a laptop with me at a gig.

I'm sorry to hear that but I don't think v5.6.0 has any Bluetooth problem since we didn't change anything related to Bluetooth in this version. We have iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s with iOS 12, and we've tested they don't have any problem connecting to H9 5.6.0.

Well, there is a step by step guide in the H9 Control manual about Bluetooth troubleshooting:

You may follow these steps and check if it works after each step

1. Verify that Bluetooth is enabled on your H9. A blue LED in the upper right-hand corner of the H9's display will be lit up if Bluetooth is turned on. Turn the Bluetooth off and on again on the H9 to reset the state of the Bluetooth chip by pressing X, Y, and Z buttons on the H9 simultaneously.

2. Restart the H9 with the right footswitch and HotKnob button pressed to restore H9's system settings.

3. Restart your mobile device completely to reset its state.

4. Reset the network settings of your mobile device.

5. If your mobile device still does not show your H9, please send an email to support@eventide.com. Our support team can further assist you in troubleshooting the problem.

thefollower
      Participant

A-ha!  It hit me last night…I had introduced a bluetooth mouse to my computer.  Unplug the dongle from the USB port and voila! I could connect to both H9s.  Time to replace the mouse!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.