iPad remote control app for Eclipse, H series, DSP series and Orville.

Home Forums Products Rackmount iPad remote control app for Eclipse, H series, DSP series and Orville.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      IOSAudio

Hi Guys,

Thre is a new version Eclipse remote control app that supports the Eclipse, DSP series, the H Series and the orville as well.

On an iPhone only the Eclipse is supported.

http://iosaudio.co.uk/IOSAudio2/EclipseRemote.html

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/eclipse-remote-control/id814413514?mt=8

Thanks

Andy

bpamier
      Participant

Thank you for creating something so helpful! Am I correct in understanding that if I have a MIDI interface for my Mac, I can use my iPad or iPhone to patch through the Mac and eventually send the commands to my Eclipse via Bluetooth or some other software interface?

IOSAudio

Hi,

As long as your iPad/iPhone is connected via WIFI to the same network your Mac is on then it will work using network midi.

You can download the manual here to have a look how to set it all up: http://www.iosaudio.co.uk/IOSAudio2/Support_files/EclipseManual.pdf

The iPhone version only supports the Eclipse, the iPad version supports the H, DSP and Orville.

Thanks

Andy

IOSAudio

Sorry I should have mentioned that bluetooth should work as well.

bpamier
      Participant

Thanks again, Andy! I’ll take a look at this today!

You’re efforts to create such a tool are really appreciated.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Is there an Eclipse control app that works on a MacBook Pro, or is it iPad only?

AndrewCapon
      Participant

Hi,

It is iPad/iPhone only I am afraid.

Andy

tommaso_s
      Participant

Anyone tried it? Reviews? Does it work properly? Does Eventide endorse this app officially?

Tom

gang
        tommaso_s wrote:

Anyone tried it? Reviews? Does it work properly? Does Eventide endorse this app officially?

Tom

This would be great to know.

If good, it is major step forward.

rkilman

I just found this app and downloaded it. Works well, but the delay in screen refresh is a bit of a downer, since that is the main reason I got it. I also had some weird dropped signal issues, but that could very well be user error. Still, if you have an iPad, it is definitely worth it. I had previously been using a Lemur layout someone developed, but this is far better. Kudos to the app developer!

IOSAudio
        rkilman wrote:

I just found this app and downloaded it. Works well, but the delay in screen refresh is a bit of a downer, since that is the main reason I got it. I also had some weird dropped signal issues, but that could very well be user error. Still, if you have an iPad, it is definitely worth it. I had previously been using a Lemur layout someone developed, but this is far better. Kudos to the app developer!

Can you get in touch with me at support@iosaudio.co.uk and we can look at the problems you are seeing.

Cheers

Andy

gerax
      Participant

Not available anymore on iTunes or Mac Appstore, has it been discontinued?

L.

cbm
      Participant

I’m unclear on how it talks to the Orville and Eclipse. What connections are needed?

AndrewCapon
      Participant

Hi,

It uses midi, so there are a few ways to connect:

1. You can use a midi interface connected to the iPad.

2, The iPad connected to a computer via wifi and the computer connected over midi to the Eventide device:

3. A midi interface connected to the Eclipse that supports network midi, like the iConnect range.

4. A bluetooth midi dongle plugged into the eventide device. I use the Yamaha MD-BT01 with my Eclipse.

Cheers

Andy

woupida
      Participant

Hi,

Is there anything to do with the app for an iPad to detect the Eclipse device ? My Eclipse is connected MIDI In and Out to the USB/lightning of my iPad but the app does not see my Eclipse.

The iPad clearly sees the MIDI interface (In and Out) which is connected to my Eclipse.

But the app does not detect my eclipse. Same issue with a DSP7500.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

André

mishik
      Participant

thank you man! it works on my M1 mac as well

i use it with eclipse

AndrewCapon
      Participant
      gerax wrote:

Not available anymore on iTunes or Mac Appstore, has it been discontinued?

L.

Hi,

I just looked on the App Store on an iPad here and it is available.

What IOS version do you have and what country are you in?

Cheers

Andy

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.