Is the Clock/Tempo Intelligent to either 1) Studio Tracking or 2) Live usage?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Is the Clock/Tempo Intelligent to either 1) Studio Tracking or 2) Live usage?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      zap
      Participant

So basically I assume the System tempo on page 132 when set to Midiclock will lock to the tempo of my pro tools session.  But can't this be done through the firewire?

and 2) What about live when the unit does not know when you are going to press the pedal… if the tap is off by a bit relative to the beat of the band, when the unit is engaged, how does it know to have what ever tap it is on to be in sync with whatever beat you are on? How does it know to start the sweep of the flanger at the bottom of the sweep if its at tap 3 and you are on the first beat in reality?  Or how does it know to start the sweep of the phase at 75% into its sweep when you engage on beat 3 of your band's song's measure?

But I am also concerned about the delay in time between changing presets, or bypassing on and off.   So perhaps I should just stick to DSP bypasses since they are instant….  and maybe i should just never do live changes to different presets  (or FX blocks – if the different blocks per single DSP issue from another thread is even resolved – as you could do that with the eclipse in one DSP).  – and therefore for live  – to only ever do fx-ON to FX-bypass in general.

This seems to be a very difficult time since I am into the very difficult parts of the manual which might or might not provide the answers – which might or might not even exist to things that potentially cannot even exist.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Zap:

But can't this be done through the firewire?

MIDIclock used not to work over FireWire – this was fixed in V5.5, so it now does.

Zap:

But I am also concerned about the delay in time between changing presets

H8000 presets are large, so do not change instantly. As you mention, dsp bypass is useful. You should also look at the "Virtual Pedalboard" presets, which allow effect changes without relaoding presets.

jfcharles

Answering about changing presets live. IMHO, the best way is to work with blocks A & B: use an effect in A, load next one in B. When necessary, cross-fade the out from A to B. Then load next FX in A. Etc.

(or, of course, use a "virtual pedalboard" preset if they suit your needs, or program an equivalent in vsig)

zap
      Participant

Hmm. Thanks everyone. 

But what about the clock?  Is the majority of the clock presets based on input level and in time with the clock no matter when the level strikes relative to the point in time of the clock?   

But what about flangers – when you want the start of a sweep to begin at the right point live?  How in the world would the unit know where to start the flange sweep? 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.